cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Thetford Toilet - Water Hose Help

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 12 year old TT and it appears we will be keeping it for another 10 years. It's 24ft long and has two slides, hard to find these days I think.

It has the typical plastic Thetford toilet and I got a super deal on a Thetford Porcelain Classica (non-electric).

I need a hose that has exterior threads on both ends. I bought exterior threaded connectors, clamps and a hose but the smallest connector I can find is 1/2 inch. It's still too big.

What is the standard size? Here in Mexico, I can't find a 1/4 but I can order it online.

Or, is there a ready-made hose for this connection?

Thanks in advance for your help.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
4 REPLIES 4

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Okay, thank you for your help and advice. I will order the necessary parts. I checked Home Depot here in Mexico and they don't have anything smaller than 1/2 but I will check plumbing supplies.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

30sweeds
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem.IIRC,they're not pipe threads but straight machine type threads. Accidently found the perfect hose at Home Depot. It wasn't in the toilet supply section but hanging over in pipe fittings...

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
From the water source to the toilet. Both require external thread.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
What is this hose for?
My Tetford has two hoses.
The "Supply" fitting is a 1/2 inch IPT. now the fitting on the toilet is a different size but there was an adapter in the box to 1/2 inch IPT.
The rinser hose clamps on a barb.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times