cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready 2 hit the road again

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
I missed this forum and all the great peeps - As some of you know we moved out of our toy hauler back back in November after full timing in it while building our home. Anyways, the RV cover is ready to be taken off to hit the road. Trailer is about 50 percent ready as we leave June 30th for the entire month of July. SoCal to Zion, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Coeur dAlene Idaho, Mt, Rainier, Seattle, crater lake, Easter sierras and back home. I’m looking forward to sharing our trip with everyone. If there’s anything we should see on our route please let me know, I’m all about taking side roads, detours and the long way home 🙂 Thanks again to everyone on this forum who helped me and my family plan travels when we first started RVing back in 2012. Cheers!

LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
9 REPLIES 9

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm probably too late, but If you should head to Mount Rushmore from Yellowstone let me know. Were halfway at the base of the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming. Tons of SxS, ATV, UTV, Motorcyle trails. Very friendly place for off road enthusiasts. Most riding is done between 8,000-10,000 feet. Plenty of places with easy access to Boondock. and guaranteed you will see Moose! I bet we have more moose than anywhere else in the lower 48.

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
following on Facebook, great trip so far Ricky. Showed the DW your Tetons photos yesterday, she wants to go back!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
That should be fantastic. I can't wait to see your trip pics.

How long are you staying at Zion? Where do you like to camp there.

If you like the scenic small roads, the eastern exit from Zion is amazing. You'll probably have to pay a few extra dollars since you're oversized, but you get to feel like Mr. Important when you drive down the middle of the lanes and they stop traffic for you. Checkerboard Mesa on the other side of the tunnel is gorgeous and the drive north on the 89 is more interesting than the 15. Either way is beautiful though.

Have fun making memories. Your kids are awesome.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Been to most of those places. Check to see what is open now with all the craziness. You taking any toys beyond boards? I've never been able to go for more than two weeks. But in a couple of years I'll have all the time in the world!

Thinking about this more. We were fortunate enough to be able to get away for some one and two week treks with our boys when they were younger than your girls. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountains, Crater Lake. All sorts of places in the western states. They're all in their 30's now and we still talk about those trips. They definitely make life long impressions. Two of my sons have RV's now and the third really wants one.

PASS IT ON!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Right on!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Y-Guy
Enjoy the trip. I completely agree with making memories. My oldest just finished Grad school and is getting married. I was thankful that I had the time to take our kids on a lot of trips. Looking forward to your trip report and your photos when you return!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
souraider wrote:
Wow that looks like quite a road-trip, and a great time. My family and I have visited all of these locations over the years, and have many wonderful memories. The longest we have spent on the road in the RV is 3 weeks...so I respect your undertaking. Crowds should be smaller in some of those places, which will be nice. Looking forward to the reports...have fun.

Memories is the goal, my two teenage girls are growing up fast. This will be our 3rd time doing a 1 month road trip. 🙂
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that looks like quite a road-trip, and a great time. My family and I have visited all of these locations over the years, and have many wonderful memories. The longest we have spent on the road in the RV is 3 weeks...so I respect your undertaking. Crowds should be smaller in some of those places, which will be nice. Looking forward to the reports...have fun.
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
All your bags are packed,
You're ready to go...

Go!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad