cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frozen Dump Valves

VinnyP
Explorer
Explorer
In my 2012 36B4 Cedar Creek the dump valves for the bunk house 1/2 bath, both gray and black, are stuck. I pushed the handle so hard trying to close it that I broke the bracket. So now I have to open the underbelly to find out if it's the valve that is stuck or the cables. Can someone tell me where the valve is actually located? I don't want to open up any more of the underbelly than I have to. Thanks
Vinny & Rita
The Bronx, NY
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC
2012 Cedar Creek 36B4
2009 Holiday Rambler Savoy LX
2015 Rockwood 2109S Mini-Lite
6 REPLIES 6

VinnyP
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all the input. They all make sense and when I get back there I'll give it a try
Vinny & Rita
The Bronx, NY
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC
2012 Cedar Creek 36B4
2009 Holiday Rambler Savoy LX
2015 Rockwood 2109S Mini-Lite

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cut a flap but make sure you make the "hinge" towards the front of the unit. When was the last time that rear set of tanks was used? Maybe spray some penetrate where the cable attaches to the valve and the handle and let it sit.
Puma 30RKSS

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
Its most likely the cables are frozen. Had you previously lubed them with something like WD40? The problem (happened to me) is that petroleum based lube in those plastic cable sheaths, causes the plastic to soften and glue itself to the cables. I had dealer fix twice. After the third time, i ripped the cable pulls out, and installed electric dump valve actuators. Problem free ever since. I highly recommend that modification.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
On CC's don't they use plastic sheets (for lack of better word) so you can remove just a section at a time for repairs? If so, easy-peazy and wish other mfrs would do the same.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ronday
Explorer
Explorer
The above post is correct. I thought because it had a cable it was way back but it was near the end of the pipe. Ron
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver
2005 Fleetwood 26ft 5ver
2005 Sun Lite Truck Camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Where does the end of the pipe stick out? The valve is more than likely within a foot of the end of the pipe.