cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well built, new Travel Trailer Suggestions

Omrod
Explorer
Explorer
We’re looking for a new Camper/ Travel Trailer. On the average, we spend about 100 nights and travel about 7,500 miles per year. We would like it to be under 10,000 lbs. GVWR and 34 to 38 feet long. We would also like it have a bunkhouse room and a large outside kitchen. Y’all have any suggestions? We are currently looking at a new Coachman Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDSLE; don’t know how well it would hold up with all our usage.
Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
Omrod
2015 Chevy Silverado HD
2021 Grand Design Imagine 3250BH
Equal-i-zer Hitch
8 REPLIES 8

joedekock
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought our second Coachmen. A 29se. (Step below the Liberty edition you have). We selected a coachmen again because of the quality. The one we just sold was six years old and looked and felt like new. I never had issues with it other than something cracked inside the toilet that caused a leak for water supply, and pex wasn't seated properly for the kitchen sink's water supply.

We considered a Keystone Passport or Bullet, but when we walked through a couple of them the quality was very clearly lacking. Trim pieces separating, walls nit lined up, loose cabinet handles were a few things we noticed. So, we went right back to Coachmen.

Walking through our new trailer it was so nice, the quality was clear in how tight corners are, doors close, the fabric on the furniture, etc... I know coachmen is now owned by Forest River, but I believe my research shows Forest River left Coachmen alone and lets it operate and produce RVs the way they always have. (Don't change something that is good already).

The Coachmen Select editions don't have some of the fancy lighting that the Liberty Editions have, but they are guilt on the same frames, and use the same Azdel pane's, axles, and all mechanics.

We've been happy Coachmen owners over the last 6 years and see no reason to leave the brand since we have never had any problems with the coaches and quality seems to be top notch.
2019 Silverado 1500
2020 Coachmen Freedom Express 29SE
Me, Wife, 5 kids, and a Doodle

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Arctic Fox / Nash / Outdoors RV. All build in LaGrande, OR at two different factories.

They build their own frames instead of outsourcing them from LCI (Lippert)

Factory tour at ORV
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The truth is, the RV industry has fallen into build cheap, disposable vehicles. The sad thing is for a couple thousand more, you could build a much more durable RV. A roof that would last over 10 years and never leak, better quality appliances, etc, etc.

No company is willing to bet on "premium" quality unless you are talking one off luxury coaches.

txdabj1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Coachman Catalina 28 ft, Legacy Edition. I don't tow the trailer. It is parked on our ranch in west Texas. I bought it barely used in 2015 and must say that is has been a very good trailer. There are other travel trailers on the ranch that have had numerous problems. Some of the problems, like Norway rat infestation, is not the fault of the manufacturer, but a well built trailer can mitigate the issues! I would not hesitate to buy another Coachman TT.

Like you, I want to get a larger TT. Guests have come out to the ranch and stayed in the trailer with me. It gets a little crowded in a 28 footer. I will keep it for my guests to stay in but I want a 34 footer for myself and my wife (plus two Golden Retrievers!).

I am looking for a very high quality, well built trailer. I was looking at the Forest River but the reviews are not favorable. I know the quality of the Airstream. I want slideouts!

I am curious what the experienced people have to share!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Outback 340BH.
We looked at hundreds of trailers at the end of 2019 and wife much preferred the Outback interiors.
A man's perspective falls a distant 2nd.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reflection travel trailers by Grand Design offer several floor plans that fit within your parameters. The ones in the size range you want gross 9,995 lbs. and up.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Omrod
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Salem Hemisphere that is a bumper-pull and is 35'10" long. We like the floor-plan a lot, but it is just getting worn out. Really don't want to get a 5th wheel, but thanks for the suggestion.
Omrod
2015 Chevy Silverado HD
2021 Grand Design Imagine 3250BH
Equal-i-zer Hitch

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say I've seen a bumper-pull in the length you want. You might want a 5th wheel instead.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE