cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Dealers on Florida and Southern Georgia

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to hear from folks that have purchased an RV from a dealer in Florida or Southern Georgia around Valdosta and were very satisfied with the process. Also any dealers to stay far away from if you had a bad experience. We live in Ocala, Florida and can travel up to 300 miles for a good deal from a good dealership. Actually seeking a used Class C or B that is in the best condition possible for the age.

Thank You all. 🙂

Dave
9 REPLIES 9

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased mine at Eagles Pride in Titusville its in the great outdoors rv resort. everything was perfect and could not have gone smoother. Al was awesome. At the gate tell them you are going to the rv sales and once in you can drive all around. we saw a bunch of rvs at the sites and in the homes that had for sale signs on them.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Floridastorm wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
I purchased from General RV in Orange Park FL. Had a great no pressure salesman who happily took us around to visit any unit we mentioned an interest in - gave us bottled water, and didn't strand us in the middle of nowhere. His name is David Joiner - still works there AFAIK.

I believe there is a General RV in Ocala. I'm overall satisfied with the sale and service after the sale.

Unfortunately they don't seem to deal in anything that is over a couple years old. I might go and talk with them, though.
I checked their website - seems like a few options you may find interesting - didn't include Ocala and Tampa - check those too.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
Robbins in Ormond Beach is excellent.

Same with Robbins. Not much available that is a little older. Wish some of these dealers would handle older models like they used to. I guess there is not much profit in it for them anymore. So many people are buying new or near new as they can finance forever.

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
I purchased from General RV in Orange Park FL. Had a great no pressure salesman who happily took us around to visit any unit we mentioned an interest in - gave us bottled water, and didn't strand us in the middle of nowhere. His name is David Joiner - still works there AFAIK.

I believe there is a General RV in Ocala. I'm overall satisfied with the sale and service after the sale.

Unfortunately they don't seem to deal in anything that is over a couple years old. I might go and talk with them, though.

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
kwplot34 wrote:
Just purchased a Super C from Lazy Days in Tampa FL, It went very smooth, great experience. We drove from Mo to get it and would do it again.

That's good to know as I have heard some cons about them mostly not enthusiastic about doing warranty work. However, I have also heard others say good things as you have.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a Super C from Lazy Days in Tampa FL, It went very smooth, great experience. We drove from Mo to get it and would do it again.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Robbins in Ormond Beach is excellent.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any personal experience but when we spent last winter in Florida, we met some people that bought their used Class C at La Mesa RV in Sanford and were quite happy with the experience.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.