Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio Route 6 Height Restirctions?

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Hello,

We are on our second to last day on an "interesting" stay in Geneva on the Lake, Ohio. We came in from the Detroit area using primarily US-2 which was a really nice drive. I am looking for new scenery on the way back and am considering taking Ohio's "Historic" Route 6 between Cleveland and Huron, OH. The Good Sams trip planner seems to be doing its best to keep me off of that section of road despite setting several waypoints directly on the route. I have my height set to 13'2". An internet search and even searching on ODOT's website isn't providing anything useful. I am curious if anyone is familiar with that stretch of road and if there are any low bridges? Thanks!

EDIT: I should also add for the benefit of other high profile rigs, the sections of OH 531 and 534 in the Geneva on the Lake area have several low branches coming over the road, so take care when traveling through that area. Mind the very low speed limits and you'll be okay as they are young flexible branches.
2 REPLIES 2

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
afidel wrote:
Cleveland's a LOT better than it was even a decade ago, but the East side is still rough with some of the more dangerous neighborhoods in the country.

I hear you on that. Same situation in Detroit; there is always talk of "how nice it is downtown" from those who live in the suburbs, but that still applies to some very specific areas, mainly where people from the suburbs go for dinner and to watch professional sports. Outside of that improved area, it is not place you want to take your family to on a walk. But it is improving. Hopefully our old industrial cities stay on track and can be a nice place for most everyone... again.

Thanks for the tips on the route. We're packing up in a few hours and will decide how to head home. If indeed we chose to go back on Route 6 I will follow-up with how it went.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not aware of any low bridges along the route. I will say it's pretty slow going from Cleveland west till you get past Lorain. I would strongly advise you not take the route east of the city, Cleveland's a LOT better than it was even a decade ago, but the East side is still rough with some of the more dangerous neighborhoods in the country.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH