Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Refrigerator Interior fan ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Refrigerator Interior fan ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been looking for a cooling compartment fan for my Norcold . It seems to allways have some condensate along the top of the fresh food compartment & I had to replace the light fixture the other day because of this.
All I have found are the battery powered ones but I want to hardwire. Am I going to just have to get a 12v fan & southern engineer it in ?

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is one from RV Cooling Warehouse but it is expensive:

RV Cooling Warehouse Fan

Here is a less expensive one on eBay:
eBay fan

I bought mine off of eBay and it has a switch to turn it on and off and is hardwired into 12v wiring on back of frig.

Good luck!

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My battery fan runs more than a month on two D cells.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a ">HAAAOSwSupbtEMZ]Hard drive cooling fan with the two fan wired in series. Nice and quiet and clips onto the shelf. No need to mount on the cooling fins. All you need is a little circulation. Run it off of the 12 volt light wires.

RIchard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Fridge is a Dometic but..... I use THE one DPGLG linked to. I've not had a light issue or moisture where it would bother the light but it does cut down on frost on the fins.. BIG TIME.

One thing I did different from teh directions. Instructions say to run the power lead out the drip tube.. I just ran it over to the door light on my Dometic and hooked in before the switch.. Works great

dpgllg wrote:

Here is one from RV Cooling Warehouse but it is expensive:

RV Cooling Warehouse Fan

Here is a less expensive one on eBay:
eBay fan

I bought mine off of eBay and it has a switch to turn it on and off and is hardwired into 12v wiring on back of frig.

Good luck!

Dave

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 05:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

I have been looking for a cooling compartment fan for my Norcold . It seems to allways have some condensate along the top of the fresh food compartment & I had to replace the light fixture the other day because of this.
All I have found are the battery powered ones but I want to hardwire. Am I going to just have to get a 12v fan & southern engineer it in ?

I have one of the ones that mount to the fins along with one of the battery powered ones and find the battery one place in an upper shelf right at the front does the best. That location allows air to be circulated helped by the space on the door bins. Two "D" cell batteries last over a month of continuous use so it's not that costly to use.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Crushedstang50

Wichita, KS

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a few old tower computers laying around. I pulled the fans out of those and put two behind the fride and one inside on a switch connected to the 12v light wire. Works wonderful and cost nothing.

2007 Keystone Outback 23rs
2016 Ford F150 Platinum. Max tow, 6.5 bed, 3.5 ecoboost

Marcela

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crushedstang50 wrote:

I had a few old tower computers laying around. I pulled the fans out of those and put two behind the fride and one inside on a switch connected to the 12v light wire. Works wonderful and cost nothing.

Those computer fans work well, and cheap.

landyacht318

Near a large body of salty water

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interior fridge fans do not need to be powerful. They actually increase the heat load that must be sucked out, the more powerful the fan the more heat it generates.

I use a discontinued 0.03 amp Sunon Maglev 40mm x 20mm 6.3 cfm fan in my small compressor fridge, and it has run 24/7/365 since October 2012.

Huge difference in interior temp range. was 22f to 44f inside without fan, and is within 4 degrees F with it, and I use a lower thermostat setting. I tapped into the light's circuit before its reed switch.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

small computer fan

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Refrigerator Interior fan ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.