Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Snow Birds ??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm trying to plan for going and staying, both, so that I can decide at the last minute.

Added complexity is that I have a relative who's having some sudden health problems, not covid related.

If I do go, I might not go as far away as I usually do.

it's really hard to know how to make any future plans right now.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

pawatt

Brainerd MN / Palmview TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will go to South Texas as usual, Its just too cold in MN. I expect that events, gatherings, happy hours, meals, dances and entertainment will be much different though but at least we will be warm.

lee worsdell

elmvale

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/20 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are more cases in florida then our whole country of Canada . No plans now but had trip to charlotte planned for nascar . I think that's on the back burner now to. Crazy things going on

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, we will be returning to our own site in Key Largo.
We normally go in October, but this year we might wait till after Thanksgiving as long as there is no snow here in the high mountains of NC.
We couldn't ask for a better place to keep away from other people. Each day we head out on our paddleboards to the mangroves, where we hang out in our own secluded hidden natural salt water jacuzzi with a sandy bottom. We sit with and feed the Parrot fish, and lots of other tropical fish as they swim around us.

Guy

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

Illinois has more than twice the confirmed Covid cases per 100,000 residents and a death rate more than triple that of Florida. Maybe going south from Illinois is the safe move.

Out of the frying pan into the fire!

It's hard to predict obviously, but look at NY now vs 6 weeks ago as an example. States and localities w currently raging infections are having a miserable time getting much cooperation from their citizens.

Irover

Where ever the Good Lord Wills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sticking right here until this CUVID--19 settles down as long as Wilson County in middle Tennessee stays fairly safe! Other wise will find out where the Hot-Spots are to stay away from .

Rwake901

Central, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/20 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I called the resort in Florida that we want to stay at this winter and out of 450 sites they have 4 available for the dates we want to go. I guess this Covid-19 isn’t scaring most people. We picked a site and I’m calling on Monday to make reservations. Might end up spending the whole winter in the RV for the most part or with a mask on but at least it will be warm. lol The good side is there are two lakes so I can go fishing. Stay safe everyone and thanks for all the responses.

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rwake901 wrote:

So I called the resort in Florida that we want to stay at this winter and out of 450 sites they have 4 available for the dates we want to go. I guess this Covid-19 isn’t scaring most people. We picked a site and I’m calling on Monday to make reservations. Might end up spending the whole winter in the RV for the most part or with a mask on but at least it will be warm. lol The good side is there are two lakes so I can go fishing. Stay safe everyone and thanks for all the responses.

Well actually, as long as you practice physical distancing and wear a mask when out getting for groceries, etc., it will be warmer than in the north. Not saying you won't get it, but your risk is about the same. Just be careful when you go south.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/20 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will go south, probably back to TX. We can quarantine in a warmer place than MI where we are currently under social distancing, some businesses still closed and masks inside buildings. Of course we have the non believers here too so the cases are going up again. 1 bar in Lansing now has 85 confirmed cases from 1 night of business.

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 12:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiemom11 wrote:

1 bar in Lansing now has 85 confirmed cases from 1 night of business.

Wow, those poor people and their families!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.