cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting satellite dish

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Windgard Playmaker dish and got the mounting kit that includes the 4 "feet" that have two holes in each. Was expecting to find a steel brace in the area of the roof when the dish needs to go but my magnet only revealed them further back where the TV antenna and/or A/C would be too close. How have the rest of you done this? Are the 8 small screws they provide along with copious application of 311 sufficient to secure the dish? Sure was hoping to find something solid to secure it to. Putting a small solar panel on the roof I'd found our 2015 Winnebago's fiberglass (and wood?) roof structure very easy to overtighten and strip.
2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do as Doug describes. No need to saturate under the feet but cover the areas around the outside edges of the foot pattern including the holes, screw it down with a 3/4" screw and then caulk over the top of the screws to seal it all up. It will last forever.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The "force" by driving with a dome is not that great. What I do is, use Dicor sealant and saturate the area under the 4 feet. Then install your 8 screws. The Dicor seals the screws and "glues" the feet to the roof. Fiberglas or EPDM does not make a difference. I have probably installed in excess of 150 domes over the past 20 years and never had one come loose or leak. Doug