cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle beach - Lakewood alcohol rule?

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
So the end of july i am going to myrtle beach and staying at Lakewood, i was just looking at their rules and saw they have a no alcohol rule. Is this enforced, as in i cant even have a beverage at my site? i get they would be trying to keep the party crowd away, at 52 im not planning to roll any kegs out of the rv.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside
11 REPLIES 11

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks i think most of you have confirmed what i suspected, im not planning to get drunk and act like a fool and i can understand their point behind things.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
They have this rule at our state parks as well. Its really there to prvent folks from getting drunk, loud and obnoxious then they have a reason the kick you out because you broke the rules. But sitting around the campfire having a cold one and they will not bother you. Do as the other poster mentioned and get yourself a big yeti cup and pour it in there and you will be good.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
CFerguson wrote:
iirc, Lakewood is family owned and models itself as a Christian cg so they set the rules accordingly. kinda like ChickfilA.

Jesus drank wine.

Every state park we have camped out has this rule. The key is to be conceal it and not make it obvious. Don't be an arse and attract attention to yourself.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
iirc, Lakewood is family owned and models itself as a Christian cg so they set the rules accordingly. kinda like ChickfilA.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the same rules in the county parks here. Be sure no containers are visible, keep beer in the cooler and liquor bottles in the RV. Use a generic insulated cup and enjoy. Don't get drunk or act like it. Basically, don't give them a reason to toss you out and they won't.

In most cases the rules are there to ensure that a family atmosphere is maintained, and the message is that rowdy drunks are not tolerated.

Calling the CG is not going to tell you anything, they will simply repeat the rules, not give you the special *wink*wink* version....

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
well that is understandable..

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Buy a Yeti or other brand insulated cup at Walmart for 1/4 the price and drink what you want.

Works at PA State Parks.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If drink in your RV no issue. If you get drunk and act like a butt outside your RV then itโ€™s a problem. If you are visibly and obviously drinking a adult beverage outside itโ€™s a problem.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Its not like i have a drinking problem, but its beach camping and i do enjoy a frosty adult beverage..i wasnt planning to hide in my trailer but can keep it low key. Was only asking is people have noticed that yes they have this policy but if you dont act like a jerk they wont bother you. finding another campground this late in the game isnt so easy.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I was there that was the policy with no exceptions...Find another park if you don't like their rules. I am sure if you consume in your own unit and not seen by ANYONE that you can probably escape.
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

Call them and ask, why take second hand info. Go right to the horses mouth.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet