cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get the Television to work in bedroom

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 5th wheel and mounted the TV in the bedroom. There was already one in living room. I have to coax connectors (one cable and one satellite) and the button for antenna boost right above bedroom TV as well as power.

I hook a coax from campground pedestal to the coax connecter in side of 5th wheel marked cable and I connected a coax from connector right above bedroom TV to cable and then to TV. No picture.

What am I doing wrong?

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
MitchF150 wrote:
On my trailer, the SAT and the TV cables were miss marked in the bedroom.

I just used the one marked SAT for TV and it worked fine. I swapped the labels and all good.. I'll probably never have SAT, but that's what worked for me..

Good luck! Mitch

That is a very common problem.. Glad you figured it out.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
dpgllg wrote:
I have a 2017 5th wheel and mounted the TV in the bedroom. There was already one in living room. I have to coax connectors (one cable and one satellite) and the button for antenna boost right above bedroom TV as well as power.

I hook a coax from campground pedestal to the coax connecter in side of 5th wheel marked cable and I connected a coax from connector right above bedroom TV to cable and then to TV. No picture.

What am I doing wrong?

Dave

in my TT, the living area tv worked fine on cable but not the bedroom tv, which only worked on OTA signal.
i had add a splitter to get cable to both tvs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MitchF150 wrote:

I just used the one marked SAT for TV and it worked fine. I swapped the labels and all good.. I'll probably never have SAT, but that's what worked for me..

Good luck! Mitch

Bingo, Usually. But, he states he has the BOOSTER in the Bedroom. So, the coax connection on the booster plate should have OTA when ON and Coax when OFF. He needs to verify his Living Room TV has Cable when the booster is OFF or ON. I have a feeling the Living Room has Cable regardless of the position of the booster button. He needs to check and report on this. Doug

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
agwill wrote:
Turn off antenna booster and select cable input on tv and scan for channels.

I do have the antenna booster turned off and I thought I did the scan for channels but will try that again

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Ok, stupid question, is the park cable working?

Yes cable works fine on living room TV just not bedroom.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, stupid question, is the park cable working?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
Turn off antenna booster and select cable input on tv and scan for channels.
al