Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The one thing I hate working on is...

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
..electrical.

I was working on rewiring a utility trailer. In the process of replacing the broken lights, I found out my 4 pin wire connector on my truck is broken.

Now to fix the tow vehicle.....

Still need to fix the wiring on my old camper in the bush......

Did I mention I hate working on electrical?
17 REPLIES 17

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
You missed a few :W

Not sure how many amps a penny can handle, but probably more than 15.

Uh......nine more amps than a penny? Whatโ€™s the foreign currency exchange rate?

My personal favorite :C

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
British fuse chart

:B

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
True that i never did industrial. Worked as a commercial electrician about 20 years ago. Bending small emt. I know what you mean though about the bigger stuff. I would go into places like home depot and trip out on the large conduit.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
wopachop wrote:
Of all the trades i like electrical the most. Usually lightweight. More about thinking and testing. Don't get very dirty.

That maybe true for a maintance electrican, but you ought to try industrial/commercial construction.

Dusty

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Of all the trades i like electrical the most. Usually lightweight. More about thinking and testing. Dont get very dirty.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:

I prefer making sawdust to either one, though.

AMEN to that!!
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to make sure my Brake Buddy works like it is supposed to is my PIA
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
swimmer_spe wrote:
NRALIFR wrote:
Iโ€™d rather wear my electrician hat than my plumber hat any day.

Donโ€™t have to be as concerned with nasty infections when Iโ€™m pretending to be an electrician.

I'd rather deal with a black water leak any day. I can see it. Nasty infection, or death? RV voltage and current is enough to kill you.

To each his own. I can โ€œseeโ€ electricity too, with my VOM.

Whenever I have to deal with a plumbing issue that involves sewage, I have an almost irresistible urge to scratch my nose the whole time. :B

And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:

Donโ€™t have to be as concerned with nasty infections when Iโ€™m pretending to be an electrician.

I'd rather deal with a black water leak any day. I can see it. Nasty infection, or death? RV voltage and current is enough to kill you.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
One thing aboot utility trailers you can bet a couple buddies they can't tip it up on it's side...

wa la. Access to wires from your chair...

Unless I need to run new wires, my chair is comfortable at the height off the lights.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
something with a bad ground problem.
Especially in RV's because they use a common ground. If you can't find the ground wire in that spaghetti mess of wires, the only option you have is to run a new line with a new ground. Of course if this is the scenario, you likely have a bunch of other things that aren't working right too.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
One thing aboot utility trailers you can bet a couple buddies they can't tip it up on it's side...

wa la. Access to wires from your chair...