cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please....

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I am writing this in the hopes that maybe, just maybe one...or some, of you will re-think your immediate travels plans. I am not about 'rules'..or government guidelines in most cases. I do what I must, to stay un-arrested, but other than that..I am kind of an "ask for forgiveness, not permission" type.

Having said all that...this Covid thing is not to be treated lightly. How the US got to where it is is an argument for others to have...I would just ask that you be healthy and safe..and probably, that means stay close to home. Making the big trip..is really not a good idea right now.

Arizona and Texas..man...they are taking an awful hit. Maybe do some research and think...do I really need to take this risk? Do I really need to put my family at risk?

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
7 REPLIES 7

dedmiston
Thanks for raising this topic Gary.

This is a very loaded topic and it's already teetering out of control.

I have thoughts about some of the high risk activities that should be avoided, but there isn't any way to share these thoughts without getting political.

If anyone wants to resume this discussion, please use ATC, but know that the threads will probably be closed pretty quickly in that forum too.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
How does my going somewhere affect you? If your staying home you're safe.

Wrong,

How do you think all those people in nursing homes die?

It affects every body because the infection is spread through chains and webs that can start with you and end up with someone far away that you don't even know.

So many people fail to realize that this is a matter of caring for other people that you might spread the virus to which is collective responsibility.

They can only think about themselves.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
traveling, fueling, shopping....
we aren't going anywhere until late august or early sept and that will be a brief trip up to Los Alamos to visit our youngest son. As for fueling and grocery shopping, we have to do that here albeit through curbside pickup and using our card at the pumps. But we will just put on the mask and gloves and get our groceries and return to the car and use our alcohol wipes, etc.
and we don't be camping in crowded rv parks etc.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm in agreement with Gary. Play it safe, so you can do it tomorrow. Southern California, Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Texas....and who knows where else (Nevada is not reporting anything at all) will soon be on lockdown II if their rates of infection continue. I do think the new adult living facility guidelines have change the death rates dramatically. Hopefully that continues.
We all want to get out....and we all want to live safely.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
How does my going somewhere affect you? If your staying home you're safe.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
I think that dispersed camping areas would be pretty safe, and that's where we intend to go. But you still have to buy groceries, get gas and propane, etc. that place you in contact with other people.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Just don't go to places where infection rates are high. I don't see how travelling, staying away from crowded places and masking are any different from sitting at home. You have to go places at some point.

Unless states put up border stops and quarantines, or CA closes all its campgrounds, I'm headed south in October.

Listen to health professionals, not this administration.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman