cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sailun tires

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing my MH tires a local truck/rv tire shop suggested sailun brand tire I know they are sold in Walmart for cars the truck shop told me they are heavy duty and ok for motor homes the cost is very low $210 each not including installation anyone have any experience with this brand Or heard anything about them please share thoughts.
Thanks,
Ev
2002 Georgie Boy Landau 3402DS Ford V-10
10 REPLIES 10

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I have 5 years on my Sailun and about 30,000 miles .i think they are great tires.

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
I had a set on a gravel truck and they were great tires. The next set my boss put on Bridgestone and they did not last as well as the sailun's. We were quite surprised!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Bruce_Brown
Racklefratz wrote:
Interesting thread. Never heard of this Chinese brand until now. I see the positive testimonials.

All I can say is that I HAVE experienced a front tire blow-out on a diesel pusher, and I never want to risk an unpleasant experience like that again. Taking Chinese-made tires out of the equation is my first-line of defense, regardless of testimonials.

RV tires are simply not a place to look for cost-savings, IMO, ESPECIALLY with higher gross weight vehicles. The risk is just not worth it, even WITH the bargain-basement prices.

On our last MH we had a Michelin blow out, in the garage, while it was parked.

I've never owned a Sailun brand tire but based on the reviews and my own experience I'd take my chances with one of them before I'd buy another Michelin.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Racklefratz wrote:
All I can say is that I HAVE experienced a front tire blow-out on a diesel pusher, and I never want to risk an unpleasant experience like that again. Taking Chinese-made tires out of the equation is my first-line of defense, regardless of testimonials.

RV tires are simply not a place to look for cost-savings, IMO, ESPECIALLY with higher gross weight vehicles. The risk is just not worth it, even WITH the bargain-basement prices.

The OTR trucking industry have whole-heartedly adopted Sailun tires (amongst others) and have over many millions of miles and proven them to be very durable and safe tires.

Not everything made in China is of low quality.

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting thread. Never heard of this Chinese brand until now. I see the positive testimonials.

2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP (All Electric)

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Okay today is the day the MH is in the shop I did research and read the replies to my post really didn’t find negatives about the tires so it’s all a go thanks for your replies and let’s see if I have good luck with this brand.......oh by the way you know things can’t go smoothly when I took it to the shop this morning the stairs would not go in so I’ll deal with that after tire install HAPPY TRAILS ??
2002 Georgie Boy Landau 3402DS Ford V-10

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know what Walmart sells, but Sailun tires are very popular with the commercial trucking crowd and with full-timers on the other forums I'm on (mostly towables since that's the crowd I run with). I've not read of a Sailun failure on any of the forums. We ran the Sailun S637 load range G ST tires on our previous fifth wheel for 30,000 miles without a single issue. I just had the OEM tires removed from our new fifth wheel and replaced with the same Sailun S637 LRG ST tires. It's peace of mind for me.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
I got 4 Sailun tires on the rear of my motor home that I'm going to replace this year.
The reason is that they have been on for 11 years. They still look good, no cracks in side wall, have held the air all this time.

Have been on the ground in Florida for winters 5-6 months without being covered up.
I will be replacing them with the same brand.

That is my own experience with them.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“the truck shop told me they are heavy duty and...”

Picking tires on what you were told isn’t wise IMO. What RV weight..axle by axle...do you have loaded and wet? What does the RV manufacturer recommend? OME is a start too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Posts with Sailun in them
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman