cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is camping Fun Anymore

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Being a full timer for the last couple years I notice a change in camping styles.It seems now when you go to campgrounds mostly state but some private,you can count on about 8-10 people camping on the side of you.I like to go camping camping to relax not to listen to parties.
Maybe Im destined to boondock or forget about this style of life.
Anyone else feel this way.
46 REPLIES 46

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
More energy you have the more sociable you can be. Favorite campground where we stay for wife's family reunions. We met a family with several campers at their family reunion. Each year same time, except the last few life has gotten in the way. I like camping out by ourselves very much, just laying out under the stars a crackling fire or not and listening to the night birds and all the sounds. Where the air is clear the star show is the attraction along with flowing water, fishing, and the wildlife. as a kid I spent much of my time in the woods as I posted a few bits here and there before.
I very much like the company of the Folks we meet but the parties not at all.
State Parks and Some County Parks in Michigan...well let me restart this sentence. We have seen rowdy parks, replete with kids, and adults on high power ATVS and bikes disturbing everyone else and the dust clouds.
Have to sop around .We only know of a few ideal parks and that is where we go.
A great many here know f many more. If it says RV resort and is paved, it cost a bunch but everyone there is paying for the experience we or most? of us want.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Great responses

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I try to camp where there are more big bears, bigfoot and cougars. Most folks are in by dark and I love the occasional sounds you hear from the woods. Wonderfully peaceful with places like that.

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
We camp mostly in our Pennsylvania state parks and never have a problem.If there is a issue i'm sure the rangers would take care of it quickly. All the state parks I have stayed at by 10 pm you can hear a pin drop.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

mariyajames
Explorer
Explorer
It's not only about fun, it's real experience of life. We peoples are busy in our daily life, but while camping, we are actually living our life.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Didn't notice that near as much at the Corp of Engineer parks we have been too.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hammerboy wrote:
I remember as a kid camping in the state parks the rangers would keep a tight leash on quiet hours. They would walk the loops in the evening keeping things in check. We had them stop by our site before on more than one occasion mainly because we had one cousin with a loud voice and a louder laugh.

Dan

I hosted in 2 state parks for a month each when I first retired. The first park, the Ranger would stop by my site, discuss which groups most likely to cause problems.If he was called out to a loud site, as soon as he had their attention, he would ask if there where any kids in the group. Then he would ask if there was driver that was sober. Then he would explain his duties should let him spend his nights in bed with wife. The only way to be sure would not be called out the 3rd time was on the 2nd move the loud out of park. When I get the 2nd call, before I leave the house, I order Child Protection and the county bus.
The other CG, the Ranger was useless. That is why I felt the need to make loud think they where throwing a party...
The 2nd CG also showed me I do not have the temperament to be host. As a camper, I always felt if your music was loud enough to make me want to ask you to turn it down, you are too rude to expect me to be polite about it.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I remember as a kid camping in the state parks the rangers would keep a tight leash on quiet hours. They would walk the loops in the evening keeping things in check. We had them stop by our site before on more than one occasion mainly because we had one cousin with a loud voice and a louder laugh.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
In MN state parks are usually the quiet parks. They don't allow alcohol but, I've seen people have a few beers as long as they stay quiet. There are quiet hours I think it's from 10 pm to 7 am or something like that.

Now, the county parks I frequent can be a little louder. But, not to bad. If people get out of control someone call the cops who show up and yell. That usually settles things down.

I like to do both types of camping.

When with friends I prefer to set around their campfire. Then If the people I am with are getting to loud and I'm afraid of trouble I just go back to my own camper and relax.

To each their own. It takes all types to make the world go around.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
ZINGERLITE wrote:
I'd just make a note of the loud and obnoxious camp grounds you visit. either visit them at a different time or cross them off the list all together.

better yet, post a online review, help your fellow rvers in the community! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
i think most camp grounds anywhere near the city limits or the outskirts of city limits are going to be packed with people just looking to cheaply get away and get wild. I always expect that anyways. The camp grounds far away from popular towns and attractions will be your quieter crowds.

you cant expect the general population to do whats right or do things your way. It's very apparent with the current state of things lol. I'd just make a note of the loud and obnoxious camp grounds you visit. either visit them at a different time or cross them off the list all together.

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
brianosaur wrote:
bikendan wrote:
ajriding wrote:
I think all new RVs come with an AC-DC rock cassette tape (thats a band).

Don't think RVs have come with cassette players, for around 20 years.:B

Whats a cassette player?

It came after 8 track players.

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
ajriding wrote:
I think all new RVs come with an AC-DC rock cassette tape (thats a band).

Don't think RVs have come with cassette players, for around 20 years.:B

Whats a cassette player?

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really cannot stand RV parks after a couple of days.
I like USFS campgrounds in out of the way places and the off season.
We have the best time with no one else around.