Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Storage space vs phoney fireplace.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Storage space vs phoney fireplace.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
bigorange

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 11:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go for it. My neighbor who is very handy with woodworking made me a cabinet door to match my existing...added a door under the back side of our kitchen sink where the optional outdoor kitchen would have been. Pretty big unused space under there. Sorry no pic...when I tried to upload from my phone it was sideways. LoL

We do like our fireplace too and surprising how much heat it puts out. Tiny space behind ours and that’s where the water pump lives so not a good storage option.

Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jpmyers wrote:

Bob, where did you come by the map in your signature?
I'm not sure who Bob is but, you're probably talking about a States Visited Map.
Here is one option, epgsoft.com

eHoefler

ozark mountains

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WHen I installed our fireplace, I mounted it on a hinge and use it as the door to the cabinet

2019 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1000FTPD of Torgue!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first Alpenlite had a FP. It worked, looked nice but basically was a gimmick waste of good storage space.

Our second Alpenlite 34RLR does not have the FP. It does have a heater below where the FP would be. That cabinet stores the toaster oven, a 12 cup coffee maker & a 5 cup coffee maker. If I put a shelf in above those items there would be more room.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we first bought our first trailer with the fake electric fireplace we thought it was a little silly until we used it a few times. It does a great time of maintaining a comfortable temp in the trailer, is QUIET and adjustable to only come on when necessary. We don't think is so silly anymore.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had to with Fire places, current one without. We miss the fire place. Storage? Looked all the stuff We had and to about half off it out. I’ve got A lot of empty cabinets.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/20 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

We had to with Fire places, current one without. We miss the fire place. Storage? Looked all the stuff We had and to about half off it out. I’ve got A lot of empty cabinets.

Kind of the point I was making, all the unnecessary junk we haul. I wouldn't give up my fireplace to haul more STUFF . We use our fireplace a lot, it puts out more heat then some of those space heaters, has a blower on it. Then you are faced with a space to put the space heater ,mostly like in the space where the fireplace was [emoticon]

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/20 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I’ve been too critical about the electric fireplace. When we camp at times heat is needed, there are no “current bushes” nearby. Plus, we need to heat the basement and tanks.....the electric heater just wouldn’t cut it! [emoticon] But, they do look nice! memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/20 01:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alliance has a pull out FP w/ storage behind it. We have 2 FP's and love them for same reasons already stated.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/20 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

FlatBroke wrote:

Kind of the point I was making, all the unnecessary junk we haul. I wouldn't give up my fireplace to haul more STUFF . We use our fireplace a lot, it puts out more heat then some of those space heaters, has a blower on it. Then you are faced with a space to put the space heater ,mostly like in the space where the fireplace was [emoticon]

Come to think about that space IS where our two heaters are stored. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Storage space vs phoney fireplace.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.