cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Gas Oven Pilot Lighter Won't Spark

BillM2
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a Atwood propane stove top and oven and the oven's ignitor will not spark? When I depress the oven knob, gas goes to the pilot but no spark. I can light the pilot with a match and the oven operates as it should. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
5 REPLIES 5

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Lift the top of the stove and see how many wires run off the speaker...if you have 3 burners and have 3 wires , then spark is just for stove.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a manual?
If not, get the model #, go online and download it.
I know, I know....reading instructions arenโ€™t for real men. I just look at the pictures.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

rexmitchell
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t think they be spark knob is for the oven pilot flame. Iโ€™ve had to manually light ours on every trailer weโ€™ve owned. The spark is for the stovetop.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think trailer ovens are designed with electronic Ignition on the oven burner because it is a closed box with minimal ventillation. Have you ever ignited a gas grill leaving the lid down and turning the gas on for 2 to 3 seconds before activating the igniter. WHUMP!!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Very possible it wasn't designed to spark at oven.
Did it work before?

Our previous trailer only sparked at the burners but oven required pilot to be lit manually.