cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crank Case Filter replacement

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
So, I did a search on the above topic and didn't find anything and I'm thinking "I'm not the first to replace the Crank Case Filter"
So, I'll be going down thru the bedroom floor (rear radiator) and I just thought I'd ask for some suggestions or look outs.
All are appreciated
ISL 400 8.9 diesel engine
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it could be???????

I show this------ Part # 5263986

Tks ole buddy.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
teeznu wrote:
To those that responded to the ISL 400 8.9L diesel crank case filter reply.

This year the ISL 400 Crank Case filter is a "One piece" filter/housing. I picked it up at Cummins Salt Lake City UT. Just a mere $371.47 cents. (just a wee bit of an OUCH)

The hard part was getting to the top of the engine, going down thru the bedroom floor and one of the screws to the metal cover was under the bed. (****)

Now, for those of you who "dare" to take this simple-easy-rewarding task on, here's the deal. The housing comes apart! The "filter" comes out. You can buy the filter at 4 States Trucking (Joplin, MO) for a mere 90.99 cents. Free shipping on orders over $100.00 so I picked up and oil filter for 30 bucks. Bingo.

Since this is very valuable information and to help pay for the original filter ($371.47) just send me 5 dollars and we'll call it even.

Have fun!

Is the CC filter any thing like this filter? GRIN
Do I get ½ of the $5?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
To those that responded to the ISL 400 8.9L diesel crank case filter reply.

This year the ISL 400 Crank Case filter is a "One piece" filter/housing. I picked it up at Cummins Salt Lake City UT. Just a mere $371.47 cents. (just a wee bit of an OUCH)

The hard part was getting to the top of the engine, going down thru the bedroom floor and one of the screws to the metal cover was under the bed. (****)

Now, for those of you who "dare" to take this simple-easy-rewarding task on, here's the deal. The housing comes apart! The "filter" comes out. You can buy the filter at 4 States Trucking (Joplin, MO) for a mere 90.99 cents. Free shipping on orders over $100.00 so I picked up and oil filter for 30 bucks. Bingo.

Since this is very valuable information and to help pay for the original filter ($371.47) just send me 5 dollars and we'll call it even.

Have fun!

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add wash the top of the engine down to get it clean before you start. Don't want that stuff inside the engine.

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
I remove cover for engine in the bedroom, remove valve cover, replace filter, put valve cover back on with the reusable gasket.
Ken