cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

shower head

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Wildwood travel trailer and the shower head is junk. I am going to order a new one (it's connected with a hose into faucet)- Are these all universal size? Also - any advice on keeping squirrels from eating my propane hose?
19 REPLIES 19

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

The REASON RV shower heads drizzle when the OEM shut off is OFF is simple. The HOSE from the faucet to the Shower head is NOT designed for continous 45 plus PSI water pressure. Purchase a metal flexable hose when installing a positive cut off Shower head valve. Doug
}

Sorry Doug but that's not it.
I used two shut off valves in my RV and confirmed this
The first was a full shut off, a quarter turn ball valve that I ended up using elsewhere. The problem is if you went FULL OFF then when you turned it back on (Depending on several things) you either got a blast of COLD or SUPER HOT water (120)

The "Shower cut off" dribbled. and thus did not do that. and that's why they dribble

The hose is designed to take 40-50-60-78-80 Likely 100 PSI or more for a long long time.

You know, You have NO IDEA and NO EXPERTISE, but you have constantly posted. I KNOW what I am talking about. I have 41 years of dealing with this type problem and have had numerous customers that used a positive cut off and have had the hose burst. Doug

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:

The REASON RV shower heads drizzle when the OEM shut off is OFF is simple. The HOSE from the faucet to the Shower head is NOT designed for continous 45 plus PSI water pressure. Purchase a metal flexable hose when installing a positive cut off Shower head valve. Doug
}

Sorry Doug but that's not it.
I used two shut off valves in my RV and confirmed this
The first was a full shut off, a quarter turn ball valve that I ended up using elsewhere. The problem is if you went FULL OFF then when you turned it back on (Depending on several things) you either got a blast of COLD or SUPER HOT water (120)

The "Shower cut off" dribbled. and thus did not do that. and that's why they dribble

The hose is designed to take 40-50-60-78-80 Likely 100 PSI or more for a long long time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Dusty R wrote:
My problem has been that our shower head has a valve on it, which I want, but they drizzle, when closed, which allows the hose to fill with cold water.
What I have done is go to Tractor Supply and in their farm/field sprayer area they have 1/2" National Pipe Tapper, NPT, to threaded Garden Hose fittings. This would be, female pipe to male garden hose, and female garden hose to male pipe.
Take the shower head off the hose, Put the adaptors on the hose and head then put a garden hose valve on the hose then the head on the hose valve.
Now the when you turn the garden hose valve off, it will not drizzle, and the water temperature will hardly change.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
brianosaur wrote:

And squirrels eating propane hoses? Really?

Turns out they find those hoses quite tasty.

Less someone "lubs" them with something like Tobasco Sauce.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
They sell stainless wraped hoses. They ate mine also. I think they like the rubber. There known to eat through wires in attics also.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Also like Oxygenics. We have the Fury. Works great.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Every shower head I've seen. EVERY ONE was the same size thread
Suggest oxygeneics Camping world has a few very nice ones. Mine is the Body Spa

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
2 Retired wrote:
Oxygenics X5 So much more water pressure and so much less water used! we have used electrical tape wrapped around our propane hoses. Seems to help.

X6 and they now come with a shutoff button
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Oxygenics works for us full hook up or boondocking.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oxygenics might be a good shower head if you are hooked up or have ready access to water. If you boondock and need to conserve water it is not a good choice as it normally operates at about 1 gallon/minute. One gallon is the total amount of water I typically use for a shower.

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Oxygenics X5 So much more water pressure and so much less water used! we have used electrical tape wrapped around our propane hoses. Seems to help.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
huskyfan68 wrote:
I have a 2019 Wildwood travel trailer and the shower head is junk. I am going to order a new one (it's connected with a hose into faucet)- Are these all universal size? Also - any advice on keeping squirrels from eating my propane hose?

Rodent resistant sleeves for wiring and hoses. once you use the sleeves you can sprinkle the weave with powdered Cayenne pepper for extra protection.

You might try antiratpro. It is a Cayenne pepper based spray. A couple of the nomads with YouTube channels swear by it. One of them had mice that keep getting into his engine compartment and inside his dash.

Mice, squirrels and most other rodents are affected by the spiciness of hot pepper extracts. They sell bird seed that has pepper in it to keep the squirrels from eating it. The hot spiciness does not affect birds. They can't taste it.

You might also just try using some Tabasco sauce or pepper sauce with a high Scoville rating and rub it directly on the hoses.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
My problem has been that our shower head has a valve on it, which I want, but they drizzle, when closed, which allows the hose to fill with cold water.
What I have done is go to Tractor Supply and in their farm/field sprayer area they have 1/2" National Pipe Tapper, NPT, to threaded Garden Hose fittings. This would be, female pipe to male garden hose, and female garden hose to male pipe.
Take the shower head off the hose, Put the adaptors on the hose and head then put a garden hose valve on the hose then the head on the hose valve.
Now the when you turn the garden hose valve off, it will not drizzle, and the water temperature will hardly change.

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
Boomerweps wrote:
Oxygenics is the brand everyone, including me, recommends.

Ditto.

And squirrels eating propane hoses? Really?

Did you lube them with peanut butter or something?
Dont they usually just gnaw things to make a nest or a hole to gain access to somewhere.

Wonder why on earth they would eat a hose?
...but anyway, those little buggers can be annoying. Had a family in my shed that took me weeks to trap and release. Spray painted their tails to bc one came back from 1/2 mile away!

What about some flexible plastic wire conduit they use in cars? It usually has a slit down the side to slip over existing cables.