cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best place to buy Dometic Brisk Air 2 top unit

powellmj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi, Need to replace the top unit of my bedroom ac. Dometic Air 2 13.5K. Looking online, I see a few places but after checking them out, not so sure about doing business with them. RV Parts Country, Big Daddy Parts & Camper Parts World are the same group with 3 different names and a ton of bad BBB reviews. Hate doing business at Camping world. Would really like suggestion that come from purchasing experience. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

GFrank
Explorer
Explorer
corvettekent wrote:
We have been trying for two weeks to return a part to RV Parts Country. I will never do business with them again.

I too I am having a problem with RV Parts Country. The AC unit arrived in a re-taped box with the entire base frame severely bent on all sides. It looks like it was dropped from a height of at least 6-7 feet, it hit the lower front, pushed the front part of the pan up (so it won't seal), buckled all sides and cracked the top cover.

I don't believe it was the shipping company (UPS) that caused the problem, because the unit had been re-packaged The box didn't look like it had sustained much damage other than normal handling.

So far, they are not replying to my emails, except for auto-replies. The phone number #1 is a recording and phone #2 is disconnected. Now, their email "support@rvpartscountry.com" is bouncing back.

So BEWARE!

Only after issuing a chargeback through my credit card company and supplying all the details and proof that I had returned the unit was I able to get my money back.

But Dometic should share some of the blame because their units are not well packed from the factory. I see a lot of pictures of units damaged in shipping.

powellmj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I ordered on Wednesday, delivered today and took about 45 minutes to install. Used my tractor bucket to lift up the unit. Came inside removed grill and the 4 screws to top unit. Back on roof and removed old, set new one in place and finished up everything inside. United RV had it packed well and delivered quickly.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Try PPL: PPL Motor Homes

I've bought parts and appliances from them for years and never had a problem.

X2
Order several items from them competitive pricing and great service.

x3

powellmj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just ordered from United RV out of Texas: parts.unitedrv.com Ended up being $652 with shipping and military discount. Discount Code is: Veteran

Will update on how it progresses.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would go with either E-Trailer or PPL. Have dealt with both of them and both were great transactions without any problems.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

powellmj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Really appreciate the reply's. Here is what I've found so far:
Dometic Brisk Air II 15,000 BTU Upper Unit White
Pricing including shipping - 72019
Dyers โ€“ $889.99
Tweetys โ€“ $888.88
Adventurerv.net - $759.99
Pplmotorhomes.com - $869.99
Camping World - $901.95
Etrailer.com - $859.10
United RV.com - $669.00
Local RV Dealer - $909.00

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

X2, Tweetys and Etrailer both have good reps too
Have you checked Amazon?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
We got our replacement from Dyers. Great price, shipped quickly. I will buy from them again.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I am looking for parts there are 3 that I look at,I have done business with them all and have not had a problem,all had great service.

As mentioned PPL, then there is Tweetys,and Adventure RV

I check the prices and shipping costs then decide.

I also check Amazon,as a prime member shipping is free and sometimes that is the best deal.

I have tried others and was not happy with them RV Country,never again.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dutch_12078 wrote:

X2
Order several items from them competitive pricing and great service.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We have been trying for two weeks to return a part to RV Parts Country. I will never do business with them again.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.