cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Rage’n Toy Hauler

Clearcreekdunca
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where the ATS (automatic transfer switch) is located? The 110 stopped working. The 12 volt still works. We’ve looked everywhere we can think of inside the trailer. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

dedmiston
The OP has left is for now. To be continued, perhaps.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a GFCI on the shorepower circuit source? Has that tripped?

1. check generator circuit breakers
2. check ac/dc panel main breakers
3. Test shorepower pedestal for power
4. Check SP cord for continuity on all three conductors (30AMP SP)
resistance from a bad connection could be the issue
5. Check SP connections in path through trailer to ac/dc panel.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Clearcreekduncan wrote:
Falcon 30-05 & yes it has an onboard generator. We know about the plug, but that doesn’t seem to be where the problem is. It all worked last week. Now we have no power for air conditioning or power for the microwave, or anything that runs with 110 power.

That's exactly the same trailer we had (sold it to wife's godson, he loves it). I knew that thing inside and out. You need a voltmeter first and foremost. Like Dave said, check generator breaker first. Then check voltage at the plug at the shore power cord. You should see 120 volts from hot to any grounded surface or to ground or common. From there go to fuse panel and remove the cover (four screws in the corners), do you have 120 volts there? Also check the actual shore power cord and plug, I've had conductors pull out of the plug before, that cord gets pulled in and out of that little compartment a lot and is susceptible to damage. I ended up cutting mine way down and making the cut off part into an extension cord. With about 10' still attached to the camper I could reach most pedestals without using/pulling out the big cord
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
Also check the breakers on the gen.

There's definitely no ATS though. Your shore power cord is your transfer.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

gandude
Explorer
Explorer
Did you look at the fuse/breaker panel? Check genny outlet for voltage near where the cord is stored.
Tahoe 21WTB Toyhauler
06 Dodge 3500 SLT, QC, LB, 4x4, 5.9, auto 370's
03 Kawasaki 360 Prarie
03 Kawasaki 300 Bayou
79 Honda XL 250
12 Honda XR 650

Clearcreekdunca
Explorer
Explorer
Falcon 30-05 & yes it has an onboard generator. We know about the plug, but that doesn’t seem to be where the problem is. It all worked last week. Now we have no power for air conditioning or power for the microwave, or anything that runs with 110 power.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2007 3005. what model is yours? Does it have an onboard generator? If so the generator output went to a plug where the shore power cord is stored. If you want generator power plug into that outlet, if you want shore power pull it out and plug into the pedestal.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX