Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Flashlights
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Flashlights

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flashlights. A tubular device for the purpose of storing dead batteries.

F1bNorm

Gardena, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 10:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My son got me a Coast Inspection light. Its very different in that it casts a very even light from edge to edge without the normal hot spot in the middle. Ideal as a work light and available in a headlite or hand held. Not expensive and readily available. See: https://www.amazon.com/COAST-G20-Inspection-Penlight-Flashlight/dp/B001JT8MT2/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XQBU625TOCRT&dchild=1&keywords=coast+inspection+light+g20&qid=1593579171&sprefix=Coast+inspection%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-2

F1BNorm

C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 03:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Costco Duracells are doing great for me. They are 4 cell instead of 3. The power plant used to supply us with Pelican brand. Super high quality but too pricey for me. Craig

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maglight/streamlight big 5 D-cell size is a great light (I have one) has multiple uses in law enforcement (I will not describe) but as I said the 10 buck at Loves' with a rechargable battery works great.. Or you can use it with AAAs

1 amp draw at 3 volts they put out around 1,000 Lumens COB LED's very high brightness and you can focus (like the Mag).. multiple modes Some have low/med/high or low/high plus strobe and SOS modes (my Tac light has all of those low/med/high/strobe/sos/off) it was more expensive though.

5 D Mag makes a good club [emoticon] (Never used as such)

Did loan it to a mechanic once.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RedRollingRoadblock wrote:

For me Maglite is about 50/50.

I worked nights for most of my working time, always carried a Mini Mag on my belt. After several years the switch started to fail. I bet the last 10 years I have bought 6-7 of them. Last one I bought was bad out of the package. Plus all of the canvas holsters stitching when they switched from the leather pulls out in about 3 months.

No more Mini Mags for me, but after several months I'm still reaching for it. Retired 5 years ago.

Now the 2 and 4 cells I have had good luck with, beat the heck out of them and kept working. I think I may have had one go bad and the other I dropped when I was changing the batteries, and it landed on the open end of the tube.

I have a couple of 3 'D' cell Maglites bought in late '80s About 5 years back, I contacted them to ask where I could buy a replacement for a reflector the shine was peeling off of. They sent the parts. They replaced my mini with bad switch.
I have what was a 5 cell light with a bend in the tube. I turned a piece of steel just smaller than the battery, so it can slide in the bent area, and cut it to the length of 2 D batteries. Use the same bulb as the 3 cell, need to remove the big end to change batteries, but if needed would work for battery.

riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got a couple of mag lights and a nice rechargeable Kobalt from Lowes, but most often I I just use one one of the 15 or so free HF flash lights I have accumulated. When they dim I toss them.

bigorange

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing fancy, but we like this one. Nice size and bright, USB rechargeable.
Anker Bolder on Amazon

I use headlamps most of the time, but this one is handy when a headlamp isn’t ideal.

Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigorange wrote:

Nothing fancy, but we like this one. Nice size and bright, USB rechargeable.
Anker Bolder on Amazon

I use headlamps most of the time, but this one is handy when a headlamp isn’t ideal.

Has Harbor Freight stopped the FREE stuff from their sale ads? I get their sale ads from the paper and have not seen any free stuff things since the 1st of the year.

I really did like those free lights!

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Head lamp is great for some things. Most of my time outside at night I prefer a light in hand. Leave light off as much as can, If on point down.
1 evening I was setting outside in the dark watching bats fly in and out of light at the next site. On past lights kept shining in all different directions. Walked to bathroom, past the to guys trying have a conversation while wearing head lamps. Blinding each other, and could not see but feel bugs swarming around faces. Hard not to laugh.

bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the RV, I have a D-cell Maglite mounted just inside the entry door. Handy for entering at night so we can find the actual light switch, as well as for quick trips outside in the middle of the night. Really only needs batteries ever few years.

But the most handy flashlight I have bought recently is this HF one. Rechargeable via USB port. Holds a charge for many months between uses, and charges fast. Best for mechanical jobs, because the base magnet is super strong, and the head swivels to point the light where you need it. I want another. They also have a shorter less powerful one. Want one of those too, LOL.

Harbor Freight Flashlight

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Flashlights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.