cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor Kitchens

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a Coachmen Freedom Express. It has an outdoor kitchen and I’m Leary of another leak potential in my camper.

Do you have an outdoor kitchen? Any leak problems?

Thanks
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30
17 REPLIES 17

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
traildog wrote:
Thanks for all the replies!

I was concerned about external leaks, but after seeing the coach...........

We ended up buying the Coachmen RV Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.

It’s a beautiful coach and seems to be VERY well made.

Travel Safe!

TD

Wife and I really really liked that trailer, nice kitchen area and King bed.
Great floor plan and likely would have been our trailer had we not opted for double entry doors.

Enjoy

Almost 2 years with this rig and we absolutely love it. I’m starting to upgrade some items. Just changed the kitchen faucet to a residential pull out ( during our stay at Patoka lake)
No leaks in the kitchen either! :B

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
traildog wrote:

Travel Safe!

TD

Wife and I really really liked that trailer, nice kitchen area and King bed.
Great floor plan and likely would have been our trailer had we not opted for double entry doors.

Enjoy

traildog
Explorer
Explorer

Travel Safe!

TD

Partsbob
Explorer
Explorer
We traded for a 2019 North Trail 27RBDS last August and have thoroughly enjoyed its outside kitchen with small frig, sink and eternal grill, though we opted to use our portable CharGrill Grill-2-Go instead of the cheap included grill. I’m not sure if you’re concerned for a water leak at the sink, gas leak for the grill or water leak from external issues? I can tell you we’ve not had any issues with gas or sink leaks after almost a year, but we did initially have a real issue with an external water leak from a seam of the rain gutter flowing directly down to the outside kitchen hatch that wasn’t sealed well, causing lots of rain water to reach inside the camper and caused considerable damage to woodwork while still on the sales lot! Upon purchase, the leak was repaired, all damaged woodwork was replaced (including the kitchen island inside) and there’s been no issue since. We absolutely Love this camper and the service we’ve received!
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
2019 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS UltraLite Caliber Edition (previous)
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (previous)
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH (previous)

Procrastinator
Explorer
Explorer
We have an outdoor kitchen, its the main reason we bought the trailer. Its the center of our activity when at the campsite. We never had a problem leaking at the kitchen. The living room slide is a whole different animal. The sink drains into our grey. We have everything set up out there. The coffee maker stays in the outside kitchen and readily available. We have only cooked on the stove inside once, and that was at a rest stop at the Bonneville Salt Flats due to a storm outside.
2018 F150 Max Tow with 6.5 "long" bed.

2019 Coachman Freedom Express Liberty 292BHDSLE

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
our first TT had an outdoor kitchen with a sink.. never used sink but did use the kitchen all the time. our current TT has a larger outdoor kitchen with more cabinets, fridge, microwave, gas stove, no sink or grill. like the current outdoor kitchen better. everyone has pros and cons but for us we utilize it every trip. point being you can find outdoor kitchen without sink if thats what you look for.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have an outdoor kitchen, use it for most meals. Leaking was never a concern, it seals better than the windows and entry door. Originally thought it was a wasted space and planned to find other use for it, now I can't imagine living without it. Fridge for drinks for parents and kids so we don't wake the baby while she's sleeping, easy sink for washing up outside. Stovetop area so the whole RV doesn't smell like bacon or sausage in the morning, or spaghetti or tacos in the evening. Cooking outside for lunch so we don't get all that heat inside in the middle of the day.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
sadly i dont have one. i do ALL my cooking outside. I would prefer an outdoor kitchen without one inside.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Our experience is like cgjt's. We have a full kitchen with larger dorm fridge, microwave, sink and swing-out dual cook top. It also came with the little grill that mounts to the side of the camper, but I don't use it. We have a separate Coleman for grilling. We do almost all cooking outside and love this option. Never a single problem with leaks.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I thought it would be stupid but thats the way it came. As the other poster mentioned we keep all outside stuff in those cabinets so it does limit the in and out of the camper. I removed the grill for more storage and I have my own anyway. The fridge is nice when staying longer then a few days. No leaks for me

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

cgjt
Explorer
Explorer
We have an outside kitchen on our Keystone Sprinter 266rbs. Best part of the camper. Everything except cooking pans and pots is stored in the kitchen. Plates, cups, silverware etc. are all stored in the outside cupboards and drawers. The sink could be somewhat bigger but has hot and cold and is great for washing hands while cooking. Ours has a larger dorm fridge that is great for drinks etc. No issues with any leaks. After numerous campers this has been the nicest feature that we have had. When traveling we store the outside grill and outside mat on the countertop.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never wanted an outdoor kitchen. I lived with them and not had an RV for 50 years.
When I cook outside it is mostly with a Dutch Oven on a fire.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we were looking, I was intrigued by an outdoor kitchen but after looking at them, I decided against it. I found that the grills and stoves where pretty low quality, and many of the sinks were not plumbed into the grey water.
We went with a camper with a larger storage compartment there, and I keep a folding table there, and set up a grill, and stove on the table, and can set up food in the compartment. Make a nice L shaped outdoor kitchen, with better equipment.
I keep thinking of putting a small fridge in there, but have not gotten around to it.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up