Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Are all RV's noisy and rattle?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Are all RV's noisy and rattle?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carringb wrote:

Here's an article describing the process, back when they used to remount the body 5 times before pulling it from service.

I would like to see that....I had one from a RV trade magazine but it is gone they scrubbed their archives.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i use paper towels or napkins in-between pots and pans and wrap my mugs as well if they start rattling. Interestingly enough at about 5 miles out the rattles are less and less. One rattle i searched for the last few years came to light when the bracket holding the sway bar broke and it dropped down jamming my steering. Luckily i was just backing up.

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/20 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First, they are all TRUCKS!
Second, I agree with one of the other posts that mentioned the Chevy chassis are quieter than the Fords. I've had both.
Third, check and tighten every screw or bolt in every cabinet and every where else you see one.
Fourth, follow all the good advice about silencing between pieces of "stuff" you are carrying. We use no slip material for that purpose.

Fifth, enjoy the noise! It is taking you somewhere great.

PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My biggest noise originally was the microwave. Not only did the mounting design suck (the whole thing was a bit loose and could move a little), but all the sheet metal holding the filters rattled around. I removed and reinstalled the microwave with more appropriate screws, and threw away the filters and metal pieces. I've got a roof vent in the kitchen anyway, don't need a vent in the micro.

The rest of the rattles we have are contents. The first hour of a trip the kids are on a rattle hunt lol.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

2 Retired

Montross, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, they always have rattles. Generally, you can dissipate the noise level by making sure everything is as secure as possible (windows totally closed, pots & pans not touching, etc). The better one stores things, the less noise. It takes time to figure the source of each sound, but then it's relatively easy to find a solution. Yes, RVs are big metal boxes filled with so many different things! The quality of the road, the quality of the materials used to make the RV, the way one drives it, so many different reasons for noises. We have been RVing for over 45 years, and have never had a ride in our RVs anywhere near as quiet as in our cars - the nature of the beast. BUT - we've always been able to have a conversation while driving!

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Are all RV's noisy and rattle?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.