cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KOA work

Grg419
Explorer
Explorer
Kampsites of america has the work pamper program where you can apply for seasonal work.
I'm wondering if anyone has done this..

Since it costs a $35 membership to be able to see the jobs and apply..

I'm wondering if it's even worth it since I have no experienced in customer service or working at a campground
6 REPLIES 6

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
We have worked as KOA Workampers, but it's been a decade since our last stint with a KOA.

Every job is different in terms of hours and what they consider compensation (site, pay, partial site, etc.) because each KOA is independently owned. Not all offer a free site. Some just offer a discount. Some expect you to work 40 hours/week for only a free site. Others have a lower work requirement. There are other, free, options for finding workamping jobs. Workamper News was one we also followed.
2017 LTV Unity

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Grg was not asking about a KOA membership but the Workampers membership. There are so any free sites for camp host jobs. Don't pay. Betsy.
Betsy

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If you plan on staying at any KOAs in your travels, then get the membership. If you stay at a KOA more than about 8 nights, then it will pay for itself. Then you can check the listings, and staying there speak to people at KOAs and get a feel for how they like working there, their duties, and experience required. Since they are franchises, it will vary according to what the owner/operator wants.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
We have frequented many many a KOA in the US and Canada. Most have Work Kamper's as campground hosts, maintenance staff, and foodservice staff. Without exception most seem to enjoy their roles as they are extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful.
2010 Suncruiser

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Don't worry about the experience, all they want you to do is clean toilets and pickup trash.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Paying money to review job opportunities? Not me, brother.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad