cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside shower conversion to faucet?

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a typical outside shower as seen in the picture. The shower is located near the outside kitchen. The outside kitchen does not have a sink or faucet. I've been using it like a faucet but would really prefer to install an actual faucet in place of the shower. Any suggestions on what I can use?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900
19 REPLIES 19

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
that shower heads standard hose & I just changed it to a multi pattern hose nozzle. I can stretch it enough to hose the front cap on jet.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
You can put a sink faucet head on instead of the shower head. Any household sink head from hardware store will fit. The ones that have the hose extension on the faucet. All the fittings are the same on RV as in a house kitchen. All you need to do is put the cradle in a position where the faucet aims where you want it.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
If you can move the faucet to one side would you be able to swing the spout into the compartment?
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I stand corrected. That would work fine.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
Look at the way the existing valve set is installed. The water connections are horizontal, not vertical as would be needed for the faucet you chose. You would have to drill new holes in the "box" and plug the old ones somehow. Hopefully there is enough extra PEX behind the box to reach the new mounting position, or you will need to extend them. I think putting a dish sprayer head on the end of the hose instead of the shower head is the best suggestion.

It isn't obvious but look closely, the faucet pictured is wall mount.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the way the existing valve set is installed. The water connections are horizontal, not vertical as would be needed for the faucet you chose. You would have to drill new holes in the "box" and plug the old ones somehow. Hopefully there is enough extra PEX behind the box to reach the new mounting position, or you will need to extend them. I think putting a dish sprayer head on the end of the hose instead of the shower head is the best suggestion.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about buying the below faucet. It has 1/4 turn ceramic valves and a 10" spout that will be needed since the mount is recessed. The spout will need removed to close the compartment.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sjm9911 wrote:
I cant figure out how to post pictures here yet, go to post 3 here. snip...

Take a look at this thread. It is super easy.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

sprintstream
Explorer
Explorer
How about you take the hose assembly out and put on an air hose quick connect. There are lots of thread and size adaptors for this. Make it rigid and you could rig up a connector with a spout. Take it off when not needed and store it.
Was living the dream in the Ozarks
Now just living

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Sjm9911 wrote:
I cant figure out how to post pictures here yet, go to post 3 here. Its a good idea, just replacing tbe shower head with a faucet. I can get the where to get it later if you like. And i hope its ok to link to other sites. https://www.popupportal.com/threads/best-camper-mods-in-the-past-year.130226/#post-1350403

Thanks, I happen to be a member of that forum and have 2,435 posts from back in my Aliner years.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Combo of BurbMan & Riven1950 ideas.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I cant figure out how to post pictures here yet, go to post 3 here. Its a good idea, just replacing tbe shower head with a faucet. I can get the where to get it later if you like. And i hope its ok to link to other sites. https://www.popupportal.com/threads/best-camper-mods-in-the-past-year.130226/#post-1350403
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer

There is nowhere in the kitchen area to add a sink/faucet.

There is room behind the existing shower to install a different box and faucet. I hadn't considered removing it all and starting over. I will see what I can find along those lines.

I've considered the fish tables but would still have to redesign things to have both hot and cold water. I wouldn't want to be fussing constantly with two faucets plus I have a table I like

I do like that flexible shower arm, it has possibilities. I was already considering using a bar faucet, that flexible arm with a bar faucet may work.

I really appreciate the ideas, I've been noodling on this for a while now and making do with what I have.

Any other ideas?

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Burbman's idea....I was thinking along the same lines.