cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fibreglass wall laminate separating??

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
We must have gotten moisture inside the wall and the thin wood that the fibreglass is glued to has come apart. So the wall is bubbling.
How to fix?

[img][/img]
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
7 REPLIES 7

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
fourthclassC wrote:
... the original corner molding is way too small to provide any support/strength at corners....

I have always felt the same way !

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Just to share my experience. Many places in my 2003 Winnebago Mini 24V had delamination. Spent many hours repairing.... Used expanding cargo bars and wood plates against my barn to hold it. Used Gorrilla Glue (urethane and waterproof) After the delam. was rapaired. I put the molding back. Where the corner molding was curved in the front areas, I caulked with proflex then covered the corner with slit down eternabond then put the moldings back on. On the straight corners, made wider molding from ripping down PVC square fence posts and predrilled the screw holes. That fence post is available at home centers. Looks ok.....In most places, the original corner molding is way too small to provide any support/strength at corners....

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I strongly recommend going to the YouTube Channel RV Roof Install and look for some videos on how they repaired delamination.

Lots of work and it is likely caused by a leak from the roof.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is the wood underneath swollen from water or can it be pushed back with just hand pressure?

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
First thing I'd do is inspect the roof to eliminate the issue before proceeding with repairs.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
My son had a similar problem on his 5th wheel after a trip through a rough median avoiding an accident. Our local RV shop did replace the corner moldings with wider ones and was fine till he sold it a few years ago.

As far as the delam is concerned, if the wood is rotted no amount of glue is going to fix it. JMHO

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was thinking for starters to remove the lite and run a screw behind it to see if what remains of the wood has any integrity.
Is there any glue spray that could would work to spray into the gap and then press it together?
Is there a wider corner trim as the original just barley overlaps the side?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek