cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heads up to anyone coming to NY

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
NY just added a whole bunch of other states to their "Travel Advisory" list meaning that if you are from one of the states on their list and staying in NY, you must self quarantine for 2 weeks. Best to check the NY list online if your plans bring you this way.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
11 REPLIES 11

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
down home wrote:
Notice all those states are what Cuomo and others label as Red States.
In particular Tennessee, there are no cases of Covid around here.
In Chattanooga and Nashville there were two clusters of new diagnosed cases early last month in the Latino communities, new arrivals to them, I believe. Don't know about Memphis and Knoxville.

According to the published numbers, Tennessee has had about 8,000 new cases in just the past week.

Where is โ€˜around hereโ€™?

I doubt they can restrict travel according to what county you come from.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
Unfortunately Florida didnโ€™t enforce a mandatory 14 days quarantine of the NYers back in April fleeing NY. Guess why SE FL has twice the #s as the rest of FL? What a joke NY has for a governor and the killer NYC mayor... requiring cases returned to nursing homes. Not sure why anyone would want to go to NY. Sorry upstate but the rest of your state sucks.

CA is in the mandatory list. King Cuomo the 2nd layed out the facts and is getting the job done based on science, despite what other so called "leaders" have done.

The CDC layed out the guide lines for the nursing homes and they were followed in NYS. Perhaps the implemenation wasn't as good as it could have been, but that is mostly the CDC and nursing homes responsibility. Of course they were handicapped by lack of testing, and PPE for nursing home staff and patients.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Canโ€™t trust anyone anymore!
If you expect something to be 100% correct, then trust nothing. I'll stick with medicine.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
covered wagon wrote:
It's my understanding that masks and distancing are not going to cut it
Your understanding goes against medical science, is in direct conflict with what other countries have done effectively, and has nothing to do with the subject of this post.

Medical science has other agendas to worry about right now. Like telling states how to list Covid deaths. Basically anyone that dies has Covid!
Canโ€™t trust anyone anymore!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
With a Billion dollar cut to the NYPD just who is enforcing the self quarantine, certainly not the young people. Power freaks are boggiemen.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unfortunately Florida didnโ€™t enforce a mandatory 14 days quarantine of the NYers back in April fleeing NY. Guess why SE FL has twice the #s as the rest of FL? What a joke NY has for a governor and the killer NYC mayor... requiring cases returned to nursing homes. Not sure why anyone would want to go to NY. Sorry upstate but the rest of your state sucks.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Notice all those states are what Cuomo and others label as Red States.
In particular Tennessee, there are no cases of Covid around here.
In Chattanooga and Nashville there were two clusters of new diagnosed cases early last month in the Latino communities, new arrivals to them, I believe. Don't know about Memphis and Knoxville.
I have unfortunately had to go to the ERs 5 times this past month.
Most of the beds are empty at VA in Nashville or were and in Chattanooga at other hospitals a lot of empty beds and Covid cases none.
NY's Governor, I think is playing a political game, with people, and that's not right wish such a serious or any disease

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
People believe what they want to believe, what they hear from social media and non medical people, instead of what all the medical experts are saying.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
covered wagon wrote:
It's my understanding that masks and distancing are not going to cut it
Your understanding goes against medical science, is in direct conflict with what other countries have done effectively, and has nothing to do with the subject of this post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
It's my understanding that masks and distancing are not going to cut it. It is only going to prolong it until this whole thing plays out just like other deadly flu or plagues it eventually goes away

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I support NYโ€™s decision and hope it works. The virus in California is out of control and there is no need for us to visit NY now.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad