cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Least stressful route from Hiawassee, GA to Pikeville, TN?

ShawnCBerg
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling from Mountain View Campground in Hiawassee, GA to Mountain Glen RV Park & Campground in Pikeville, TN towing a 32' travel trailer. RV Trip Wizard originally was routing me through Highway 64 W (US-64) which I've read is a really windy with some sharp turns.

Can anyone recommend a better route?
3 REPLIES 3

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
What Ivylog posted is quite true, the road is much better now. However if you are planning on taking this trip on a weekend I would not use US-64. I would take US-76 all the way to I-75 at Dalton GA. Then I-75 north to TN-153 in Chattanooga. Take TN-153 north to US-27 north, then TN-111 to Dunlap TN and US-127 north to Pikeville TN.
TVA releases water on the week ends and the Ocoee Gorge becomes one large traffic jam of rafting company buses, kayakers & others who stop and look or park everywhere.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
64 is a much better road today... one of my favorite in a 45’ MH except for the slow moving 4 wheelers from FLa. The 2 bad curves have been widened through the Ocoee gorge... the only curvy part as much of it is a divided 4 lane,

Unfortunately once in the gorge there are not many places where you can pull over and get out of the way.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, cant help on the route as we approach from a different direction, but Mountain Glen is one of our favorite CGs. Very laid back, great location.