cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cherry Springs State Park

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I read that there is so little as in no ligh,t pollution in Cherry Springs State Park inside the Susquehannock State Park, Pa that the Milky Way actually cast a shadow.
I would like to sit out under the stars there r lay on hammock or something and see that very much.
I see that it has a dump station and restroom but no details if there is any on an RV park.
Anyone visited the park?
3 REPLIES 3

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
You can make RV reservations there on recreation.gov or reserveamerica.com; can't remember which one it is.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
rv friendly is an individual thing. I would love a place like that.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
I read that there is so little as in no ligh,t pollution in Cherry Springs State Park inside the Susquehannock State Park, Pa that the Milky Way actually cast a shadow.
I would like to sit out under the stars there r lay on hammock or something and see that very much.
I see that it has a dump station and restroom but no details if there is any on an RV park.
Anyone visited the park?

Since so little light is allowed in the park, it isn't really RV friendly, IMO. I would stay at Lyman Run and drive up there with some blankets to lay on.