cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quailridge Park Model folleys

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We ordered a new park model last October. Delivery was due 4/15... well we know how that went. Next delivery date, June 3rd, then June 10, then it finally arrived june 17.

Buyers of our existing park model agreed to move their acquisition date to July 1st, and thanks to their work schedule and thankfully so, to July 3rd.

I had planned 6 weeks to get the park model operational and the stick built add on room livable. Then it was 4 weeks. 2 weeks has become a bit overwhelming.

At least the park model has air and water... unheated, but water is there ๐Ÿ™‚ Add on room is a bunch of sticks with wrap right now.

Park Owner (dealer) finally got the "rest of the story" today. Forest River in general is suffering from explosive sales, and unable to get people to come to work. Apparently making more money on unemployment is more attractive than the paying job.

Some the crazy stuff...
  • Forgetting to install cold air return
    open wiring circuits
    Torn Flooring
    missing cabinet shelves
    mismatch light covers
    batons in some places (paid for upgrade) tape in other areas
    unconnected exhaust fan
    One I really had to laugh at today, door catch pushed all the way in, so the door doesn't latch.

I was doing low voltage wiring for add on room and asked the owner, can I drill a hole right here? He said, they put the GD wiring all over the effin place... So I went searching and he was right, there was a wire right where I wanted to drill. So, my hole is now on a angle to avoid wiring where I would have never expected to find it.

Campground owner had a punch list of about 3 dozen items, I added another dozen. At least we will be living in there starting 7/2. I'm anticipating September something before the construction is done.

We're going to have a wonderful 12x24 covered deck on the lake. The roof beams for the deck, 2x12 laminated beams. Could park a car on the roof. Apparently they had purchased them for another project and never used them. They were in the way in the maintenance building, and I gave them an excuse to get rid of them.

Golf cart shed wiring kept tripping the GFI breaker at the box. Turns out the underground 10/2 they ran, has an internal short. Luckily it was still above ground. So, the shed is literally running on an 12/2 extension cord right now. Up until tomorrow night, it is only a couple of LED lights and my drill battery charger. I may have an issue with the golf cart charger.

Very comfortable 4 season "home" that will become our retirement home at a campground we love. we figure 4-6 months traveling in the winter months.

Just need to get the addition insulated so AC doesn't run non stop trying to cool that heat sink down. At least the trailer is wonderfully cool
4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œApparently making more money on unemployment is more attractive than the paying job.โ€

Why swipe at all RV manufacturing workers? Their kids arenโ€™t in school and may need care and supervision. Child care is mostly closed down. They could be concerned about their own health and have underlying health issues. Their elderly parents might have been forced to leave their retirement homes. Sorry someone worried about a national pandemic messed with your schedule.

Mr Widdis, yes those are also reasons, but guessing your not in the working world by your usual comments.
The increased unemployment benefits have absolutely been a great excuse for Americaโ€™s less motivated folk in that some/ many do not want to return to work for less money.
I sort of understand it. If I can make say $1000 a week sitting at home with no repercussions vs $700-800 working, and likely not โ€œwealthyโ€ by any means, itโ€™s hard to turn down.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
WRT getting people back to work, this isn't just an RV mfg issue, all businesses are being impacted. Several business owner friends are all struggling to get people to come back to work.

As we started living in the unfinished installation (expected), finding more things for the punch list... although the one that really has me shaking my head, cutting a 2" hole for kitchen faucet, right through a shelf support.

Absolutely loving the site we selected, the view is beautiful. Looking forward to retirement with this as our permanent base (year round livable), and traveling for several months in the winter.

Construction is slowed due to extreme heat. They are only on this project for 4 hours each morning. Moving from our old place was organize and pack, and as it came close to the time where we had to move, throw everything in boxes and sort it out later ๐Ÿ™‚

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
neat to read of long term issues in a forum for short term rvers, We wont become a long term any time soon the travel rv life is still for us. Hope the issues work out for you.
Our visits are becoming longer, a week to a month or 2 as we continue to love the USA.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œApparently making more money on unemployment is more attractive than the paying job.โ€

Why swipe at all RV manufacturing workers? Their kids arenโ€™t in school and may need care and supervision. Child care is mostly closed down. They could be concerned about their own health and have underlying health issues. Their elderly parents might have been forced to leave their retirement homes. Sorry someone worried about a national pandemic messed with your schedule.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad