cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV park close to Farragut, TN

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
We will be spending a couple of days with our grandson in Farragut, TN in August. When I looked for RV parks, there were not many and most didn't have current reviews. It looks like Yarbarry Lake is the closest and did have decent current ratings. Is this a good place to stay or is there another one to consider. Also what are some interesting things to do in the area as we will have most of the daytime to ourselves. We are headed on to Pigeon Forge after leaving Farragut so only looking for things to do in the Farragut/Knoxville area.
8 REPLIES 8

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Escapees has a decent park on the Knox/Anderson County line. No frills, but it is a well run park.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
ggwilde, thanks for your reply. Your comment about Lazy Acres echoes the reviews I read. The only negative on Melton Hill Dam TVA Campground is that sites tend to be small and it is a tiered campground so access can be problematic. With that in mind, I will try to get a site at Yarberry Lake.

ggwilde
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Lenoir City and I am 6 miles from Farragut. Yarberry Park is a very nice campground. Lazy Acres I believe is setup for longer stays. I've drove through it a few times and that's the feel I get. Have never stayed there. Melton Hill Dam TVA Campground is another nice campground. Yarberry or Melton Hill would be my choices as both are on the lake and about the same driving time to Farragut.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Best CG reviews, enter the city; https://www.campgroundreviews.com/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try rvparky.com and put in that city. Another is campgroundreviews.com

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Oak Ridge and see the Museum of Science and Energy. I see Lazy Acres RV park in Lenoir city has good reviews and is also near Yarberry lake. Both are not all that far from Farragut. I have no first hand experience with either but have been through the area a few times to know its peaceful and pretty countryside. Being near the lake fishing is BIG there and the prevelant activity. Downtown K'ville is very walkable and also has a museum plus lots of great restaurants. Your grandson should have some ideas for you.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
I did the google search and reviewed the camp grounds listed. I was just hoping for personal experience. Sometimes the reviews are way more flattering than what you find upon arriving. Been there, done that.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help with campgrounds but would suggest doing a Google search for `Farragut, TN tourism' and see what is recommended.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)