cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reddog1 "Wayne"

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Well we have lost another member of the TC forum. Wayne passed away yesterday after a short battle with Pancreatic cancer.

He was one of the first moderators for the TC forum. He and Brad had their hands full during the early years of the TC forum as members were exchanging ideas, technical help and all the other things that TC'rs deal with.

A few pictures for some of us to remember him by.

We had a West Coast TC Rally. These pictures are from that event. We had a big group of TC'rs.... Sadly this was our last one.
Many of these folks are still members of RV.net TC forum!

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.
39 REPLIES 39

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Wow.

We lost a really good person, when Wayne died. He was a friend and mentor, in addition to the many things he helped me with personally. We exchanged emails often and I was lucky enough to be part of his personal email list. But what made him very special to me, was being able to meet him twice and stay on his property once, where I also met Jim (BigFootFord).

The forum here was a family for me, for a very long time. Most are gone, scattered to the winds. I will miss Wayne, but I am better for meeting him and many of you out there too. God Bless Wayne, my heart breaks for his wife, family and friends.

Thank you too, Jim, for sharing this loss with all of here.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
RIP Wayne. This is so sad to read and I remember when BradW passed the Mod torch to him. Yes, he was both helpful and considerate and his presence will be missed.
magic43

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
restlessways wrote:
RIP. I mostly read around here, and remember seeing a lot of his posts. He seemed very helpful and considerate.

RIP Wayne.

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Sad news, RIP Wayne, I learned a lot from your great posts and insight.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Jimbo, Thanks for sharing - I only met him once at Scotts Lake, but I’m better for it... Like the rest of us, Dear Wayne was just passing through this ‘molar world’ and making a difference while giving life his best shot...A demonstrable role model who put service to others before himself...

3 tons

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, No, He always gave great advice and was very helpful. RIP Wayne.

Spaced Out Bob(Chan)
Good Sam Club Life Member

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Today we attended a family gathering to remember Wayne and his goodness! Just family. It was a wonderful remembrance of who he was as a person. He is missed by all of us...
Jim

Let me tell you that the hours our TC forum moderators put in to do what is needed and is not for the faint of heart! Wife n I have traveled and camped with Wayne n wife a lot over the years. If there was internet he was on being like a Sheriff in an unruly town..hahahaaa The TC forum was like that in the 90's!

He was devoted to the job, no compensation what so ever, not even a thank you from anyone. All of the Rv.net Moderators receive no compensation!

Here is a great picture of him at it as I walked in after we settled and got set up to enjoy the surroundings!

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
BradW...

Very nice tribute to Wayne.

Very nice statement and philosophy with regards to forum moderation.

The soul of my last living relative caught the same flight as Wayne did, on July 1, pushed off of this planet by the same disease, cancer.

This reminds me that I knew more people who are gone... than who remain.

RIP Wayne.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigfootford, thanks for posting the photos of Wayne. That is just about how I pictured him. I wish I had met Wayne in person over the years I knew him via the forum.

Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
BradW
Nice tribute and well said. Speaks to who YOU are as a person as well.
Take care.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Rest In Peace Wayne. May God Bless you and your family.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, as many of you know (excluding Admin) I was the first RV.net Truck Camper Forum mod. I did that job for 5 or 6 years until it became too much for me. I asked Admin for help. Admin selected Wayne as the co-mod. Wayne was a perfect fit. He and I got along great and Wayne’s presence and support allowed me to stay another 5 or 6 years until it was finally time for me to go. Wayne continued for another 3 or 4 years after I left before he passed the torch to the next TC Mod.

I really liked working with Wayne because we both shared the same philosophy on doing as little moderation as possible and giving the members as much freedom as possible. We first looked for a reason not to moderator a member’s post instead of looking for a reason to screw around with it for some minor reason. I’ve always thought of forums as living breathing things and an overbearing nitpicking moderator can choke the life out of a forum; forums need room and freedom to breath. Wayne and I both focused our time more on trolls, bullies, and folks trying to use the forum to benefit themselves financially.

After I left, Wayne and I still exchanged emails. I first learned of his serious illness several months ago. I knew it was very serious, but he was always incredibly positive in his communication. I had not heard from him in a few weeks and I just sent him an email on Wednesday to check on him....then I found this thread on the forum.

I once stood by the bedside of a close friend dying of lung cancer. He told me that he had wasted his life. While I did not agree with that at all, I still thought how sad it was that someone would think that in their final days. Separated by 2,500 miles, I did not know a lot about Wayne, but I do know he did not waste his life. As others have said, he was always eager to help anyone in need of help. He helped me last several more years as forum co-mod and he offered our jeep club a spot on his property to camp when we planned to go out West to the Rubicon Trail. But Wayne’s biggest impact on helping others was his roll as instructor at San Quentin Prison. I’m sure there are countless people who were able to turn their life around with the lessons Wayne taught them in his classroom. He will be missed.

While I swapped 1,000’s of emails/messages with Wayne and spoke to him on the phone several times, I never met him in person. If anyone has a photo or video of Wayne they could post, I would appreciate it.

Bigfootford, Thanks for posting that video of Wayne on the Rubicon Trail getting some air in his Zuki. He told me about his rig many times and I told him about mine. I tried many times to get Wayne to join us in Silverton, Colorado one summer, but the timing never worked out.

As NRALIFR posted, “Wayne was a good member, moderator, and person.” Enough said.

Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III
RIP. I mostly read around here, and remember seeing a lot of his posts. He seemed very helpful and considerate.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
RIP, you will be missed.