cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What will Canadians fo this fall/winter

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
We Canadians could be stuck in Canada for a long time. The borders may not be open until 2021. Not fun.
41 REPLIES 41

Talleyho69
For us, it's always been all about the ocean. When not traveling, we lived on a Southern California beach with cold water.

Here, we hit the beach with our two weimaraners at 6am because dogs aren't allowed on the beach. We walk the whole beach both ways, the return trip with them being loose playing ball and swimming. Back home about 7, then we grab our SUP's and paddle. Then we leave them on the beach and swim a couple of kilometers. By then it's 9:30 ish and if we don't do anything else all day, it's OK. We are all exercised and exhausted, and so happy from seeing wonderful things in our warm water.

Yesterday I swam over two groups, one of 4 and one of 5 of golden cownose rays, each about a meter across. Absolutely beautiful. When we were paddling we saw two large turtles swimming along.

Southern Mexico has toasty warm water that is often very clear and has lots of beautiful things to see. We even have seahorses!!

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
So, be careful if you come to check this area out, you may stay forever! BYW, the ocean temp this morning was 93.

LOL

....that's my kind of water temperature!

Most of my time in Mexico had been spent in the Campeche, Merida, Villahermosa, Tuxtla/San Cristobal dLC/Ocosingo/Comitan, and DF areas. But I have caught some of the Puerto Arista coastal area.

....on edit: I checked the La Ropa beach cam at 11:40 AM today, and there seemed to be less people on it compared with yesterday. But that beach looks incredible. Great sand, nice clear water. Very calm, few waves, super for a swim.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Talleyho69
We spent a number of months every year traveling in Mexico, starting in 1983 in a tent with just two weeks. In 2009 friends who lived in Ajijic suggested that we meet up here then head to Palenque. We finally made Palenque, not wanting to leave Playa la Ropa. Then, every winter we spent a long as we could here, finally 6 months at a time, and realized that we really really didn't want to leave.
In 2017 we bought a house and in 2018 moved down permanently and haven't been back to the US.
So, be careful if you come to check this area out, you may stay forever!
BYW, the ocean temp this morning was 93.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
Ah, you can see our paradise!

Yes! It is quite stunning, actually. You are in a SUPERB area, no doubt about it. This is one part of Mexico I have yet to see, and will see at some point.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Talleyho69
Ah, you can see our paradise!

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
The weather station in our back yard can be accessed through Weather Underground, but more easily by going to weatherlink.com. Register, and look for Casa 4 Vientos. That will hook you into us, it's all free.

Nice.

I found 6 weather-web cams also; all stationed around Bahia de Zihuatanejo (2 right at the Playa La Ropa); one cam at La Ropa is so super high resolution, I can just about make out the faces of several bathers on the beach.
Silver

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Talleyho69 wrote:
Here in Zihuatanejo, the morning humidity is almost always 96%. During rainy season, mid day is usually 82%, during the dry season mid day is usually 75%.

The weather station in our back yard can be accessed through Weather Underground, but more easily by going to weatherlink.com. Register, and look for Casa 4 Vientos. That will hook you into us, it's all free.

Cool. Thanks.

Talleyho69
Here in Zihuatanejo, the morning humidity is almost always 96%. During rainy season, mid day is usually 82%, during the dry season mid day is usually 75%.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
That is good news for those of us in the soggy NW. Maybe not so good for mexico once the dry season starts

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
A new study released today indicates that higher humidity climates decrease the virus transmission.
Empirical evidence suggests that this is so based on reports from areas such as SE Asia.
Study excerpt:
The role of climate during the COVID-19 epidemic in New South Wales, Australia wrote:
Every 1% increase in average relative humidity was predicted to decrease daily confirmed cases by
11%โ€“22%, when average temperature was in the range of 5โ€“8ยฐC.

Source: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/tbed.13631
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
I am with you Rob. Neither Mexico nor Arizona are good destinations. I doubt this will change before spring.

The uncertainty is the worst part.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I am with you Rob. Neither Mexico nor Arizona are good destinations. I doubt this will change before spring.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Be the first missed year in many for you too, rob

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
We are still hoping that there will me a miracle,but we might win the lottery !
Seriously I donโ€™t believe that we will be allowed to travel out of Country in our RV and The thought of climbing into an Aircraft to spend time in another Country with the same issues does not appeal!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD