Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: A useful search engine
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> A useful search engine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/20 11:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently put an odd but expensive item on our local craigslist. My town is not that large, and I didn't think it would sell, so imagine my surprise when a guy from Texas contacted me the next day and bought it. So I asked him how he found it, and he used a search engine called Searchtempest.com. It searches every craigslist in the U.S., ebay, and Amazon with one click. Maybe this might be useful for some.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

Janss

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/20 11:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's funny....just yesterday I found that website because I was researching what I suspected was an RV for sale scam that my friend was interested in buying. I googled "all of craigslist" and Searchtempest was one of the sites that came up.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

folivier

Southeast Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/20 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And since Facebook Marketplace is being used by more and more people here's a way to search across the USA: https://searchworldmarketplace.com/United-States

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been using Searchtempest for several years. You can search nationwide or within a radius of a Zip Code.
It's very convenient, I don't remember the last time I actually went on the CL website.

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/20 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just used it to fine a 16 foot flatbed trailer to buy. I was surprised that I couldn't find any, and a dealer explained to me that all the welders at these trailer companies got laid off cause of Covid, and 16 footers are scarce. Searchtempest led me to a near new one in Portland.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> A useful search engine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.