Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Firman W02981- Any feedback?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Firman W02981- Any feedback?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jodeb720 wrote:

Howdy all -

Some friends of mine here in denver are borrowing their parents 5er.

As with all novices, they are just starting out - and looking at a generator, and trying to do it on the cheap.

They were looking at an open frame generator - and I've been a good RV friend, and told them that if they got one, I wouldn't be next to them!

They started to look at Honda and Yamaha, and they are out of their price range. I know that many of us have Champions - but again, that seems to be out of their price range. They are now looking at the Firman W02981 from Costco.

Does anybody have any history with this brand and in particular this model? At least buying from Costco - if it goes south, they can return it - but in a perfect world, it's a decent brand.

Any thoughts or history would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Josh

I have a 3300/3000 unit inverter. Looks the same as this one. Can't think there is much difference. Starts every time real easy. I make sure it gets started once every couple months to make sure the battery stay up. Everytime I use it, it works fine. Have had it for four years.

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 11:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since they want inexpensive I'd suggest the harbor freight 3500 with electric start.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Firman W02981- Any feedback?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.