cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Catching Cleaning Cooking Trout, A Refresher Course!

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
8 REPLIES 8

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I fillet them, make sure there are no rib bones left in them....sprinkle both sides the Zatarains Cajun Seasoning, dip in beaten egg, then Panko's then fry serve with tartar sauce. Best ever IMHO
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
garmp wrote:
Gut the fish and leave the head on. Pack the inside cavity with salsa and wrap in foil. No butter. Toss onto grill or in coals for a few minutes each side. Remove the fish gently open the foil and grab by the head as you open the foil. The skin will stick to the foil. Grab the head and gently shake and the head and entire skeleton will come out, leaving just meat and salsa.
Simple, quick, easy and great tasting.

Hmmm, Must try! Thanks,,,

I'll have to try cooking them this way. We stuff the cavity with baby shrimp some times. Or just season cavity. Haven't tried the foil. We just use a pan with holes. So easy leaving the head and tail on. We just start loosing the meat with fork and it comes right off the bones. Now we just need to go trout fishing!
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
We keep an old toothbrush in with our trout gear. Use it to scrape that central vein off instead of fingernails! Works well!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like to smoke em best. Brine in sugar and salt overnight with some garlic and a little teryiaki sauce. Red alder is the best wood.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
garmp wrote:
Gut the fish and leave the head on. Pack the inside cavity with salsa and wrap in foil. No butter. Toss onto grill or in coals for a few minutes each side. Remove the fish gently open the foil and grab by the head as you open the foil. The skin will stick to the foil. Grab the head and gently shake and the head and entire skeleton will come out, leaving just meat and salsa.

Hmmm, Must try! Thanks,,,

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A good review. TY
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good job on the video. Happy Independence Day to you and yours.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus