cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nicest?? CG in or near Bar Harbor

Looking into visiting Bar Harbor at some point after all this C*%P is done..

What are the nicest campgrounds NEAR Bar Harbor?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
16 REPLIES 16

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gjac wrote:
JoeH wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
Gjac wrote:
I would stay in Arcadia NP itself either Blackwoods or Seawall CG's.Seawall is easier to get into without a reservation mid week.
Not really sure the OP's 41ft 5er + F350 would fit in either of those, we barely fit with our 29" Class C w/toad & dolly.

Plus those CG's are closed
That is too bad, was hoping to get up there this season. Like most NP's they have fewer sites for larger RV's, I had no problem with my Class A with tow car in either CG. Web site says "Backwoods will open no sooner than Aug 1st", but Seawall is closed for the season. Looks like most of the hiking trails are open as well as the park loop road,but some areas will remain closed.

Yes , the hiking trails are open as are the carriage roads. We've been out every day for the last couple weeks. Most people are following guidelines and when you approach someone on the trail, pull up your mask and move to the side.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
JoeH wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
Gjac wrote:
I would stay in Arcadia NP itself either Blackwoods or Seawall CG's.Seawall is easier to get into without a reservation mid week.
Not really sure the OP's 41ft 5er + F350 would fit in either of those, we barely fit with our 29" Class C w/toad & dolly.

That is too bad, was hoping to get up there this season. Like most NP's they have fewer sites for larger RV's, I had no problem with my Class A with tow car in either CG. Web site says "Backwoods will open no sooner than Aug 1st", but Seawall is closed for the season. Looks like most of the hiking trails are open as well as the park loop road,but some areas will remain closed.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Nicest is subjective, but....... We stayed at KOA Oceanside several years ago. We had a waterfront site that had one of the most picturesque views of any CG we've been to. Every evening, a guy would come in and steam up lobsters in seawater for a decent price.

The downside is the cost. I believe we paid $120 per night and this was several years ago. The waterfront site was worth the premium for a one-time splurge however. BTW - No sewer at those waterfront sites.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
bukhrn wrote:
Gjac wrote:

Joe

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gjac wrote:
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

mlburst
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay at Forest Ridge Campground in Ellsworth.

About 20 miles from Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.

Spacious full hookups and great owners - they will know the back roads to attractions in order to avoid traffic.
Mike & Joanna
Myrtle Beach SC/Port Charlotte FL
"Any-timers" since Dec 2010
2010 Heartland Sundance 2900MK
2012 Ford F250 Lariat King Ranch CC 6.7L Diesel
Heartland Owners Club #1452
Escapees #99187

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/maine/bar-harbor/mt-desert-narrows-camping-resort-1275 been yrs since we stayed, but seems to still get good reviews. Well maintained campground, clean/updated the bathrooms and showers.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ACZL wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
ACZL wrote:
FTG,
We stayed at (Tall or Twin Pines) which is about 16 miles from BH and just south off Ellsworth. Yes lots of seasonals, BUT also lots of sites for non seasonal . IMO, much better than the 2 KOA's we drove thru. Big rig friendly. If we went back, that's where we'd stay again.

AC

Thanks,
I didn't see that one,I saw the 2 KOA's and Timberland Acres.. I will check that one out

You are indeed correct, it was Timbeland Acres we stayed at. Dang CRS at 4am! LOL

I hear ya.... :).. especially after a week at the beach ! my b&tt is dragging today
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on your definition of "Nicest", We stayed at Schoodic Woods GG, water & electric, Very spacious, quiet, and far less crowded, down side is, it's an hours drive to BH, We also stayed at Mt Desert Narrows CG.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
ACZL wrote:
FTG,
We stayed at (Tall or Twin Pines) which is about 16 miles from BH and just south off Ellsworth. Yes lots of seasonals, BUT also lots of sites for non seasonal . IMO, much better than the 2 KOA's we drove thru. Big rig friendly. If we went back, that's where we'd stay again.

AC

Thanks,
I didn't see that one,I saw the 2 KOA's and Timberland Acres.. I will check that one out

You are indeed correct, it was Timbeland Acres we stayed at. Dang CRS at 4am! LOL
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ACZL wrote:
FTG,

AC

Thanks,
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the Bar Harbor Campground in September of 2017. It was fine and we had a great time in the area.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are at Narrows Too right now. Big rig friendly, 7 miles to Acadia visitor center, and maybe 9 miles to center of bar harbor. We come here every summer
Joe