cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuse for Stabilizers and other electronics

Heathrocksla
Explorer
Explorer
Hello...I have a 2011 Coachmen Mirada Class A. I was driving to the RV park yesterday and my backup camera monitor lost power and wouldn’t come back on. When I got to my spot, my automatic Atwood levelers wouldn’t come on. I also noticed that the dash fans won’t come on now. So evidently, the levelers, camera monitor and the dash fan are all tied together on the same fuse. I have 2 fuse panels under the dash....one has large size fuses and the other has the mini size fuses. There aren’t any diagrams of what fuse is for what. Supposedly there’s supposed to be a 3amp fuse for the levelers but the only 3amp I found is good. Has anyone had a problem like this and does anyone know where the fuse controlling these 3 things might be? Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
First, if you do not own a 12V test light buy one ! An old fashioned incandescent bulb test light NOT an LED !!

Blade style fuses have a small spot on top just above each blade for test. With key in the ON position, connect the wire end of the tester to a good ground (verify the ground is good and the bulb works by touching the pointed probe to the 12+ (positive) side of the batter) and touch BOTH little metallic spots on the top of each fuse. The light should come on for both. If not, you have found your blown fuse !

Needle nose pliers help a lot to remove those fuses.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Heather,

The coach is 8 years old and the blade fuses are completely interchangeable, so there is no reason to expect that there is still a 3 amp fuse in that slot. I can't tell you where is should be, but I can offer a possible quicker way to find the open fuse.

According to the SAE specification, the blades are supposed to be though the back side of the plastic. This is so you can put a tester of some variety there and determine if the fuse is good. There are test lights made just for this they are available at most storefront auto parts stores. Fact is any test light or meter will do.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.