cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leg bracket repair

north_mom
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sunlite camper, not sure of it's age but definitely not new! The right rear leg bracket is partially torn off the camper. I think the leg itself is fine, it extends and retracts w/no problems. It looks like the previous owner had repaired it and when we were putting the camper on the truck this year it fell off the concrete blocks onto that leg, tearing the bracket off more than it had been. I searched here but couldn't find any info on repairing a leg bracket. Any ideas/suggestions for doing this repair? I can post a couple of pix if I can figure out how to do that.
4 REPLIES 4

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
I replied in your other thread with the same title and the pictures... maybe you could ask a mod to combine both threads.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I did such repair on my Fleetwood, who had water damages in the corner.
You will need to pull the siding a little bit out to assess the damage.
If the wood is only partially damaged - fiber-glassing does the wonder.
If the wood is rotten, that calls for serious rebuild.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, there's another discussion going on, sorry, can't find it.

But,I'm having a similar thing going one. But it's a swing bracket that bent.
Dealer has their, pricey at 2 for $300 but looks pretty easy with the power wrench.
If you have camper wall damage, well then that's a little different story.
If you have motors on the top of jack, aka Power Jack, apparently they're easy to move to the new one.
Good luck, I"m in the middle of this fix..
Cheers
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
To post pictures, go to http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1 and follow the instructions there. It is real easy.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow