Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Thoughts on this Truck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Thoughts on this Truck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I needed a long bed for the TC and they are waaay harder to find in a crew cab.

Forgot to mention if you've ever served, USAA has a great car buying service and good loan rates. I got my 2015 at 3.49%

2015 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
SOLD: 2008 Terry 34' TT
SOLD: 2001 K2500LT 8.1L Suburban

Lance 811 Renovation Story!
Project Complete!
Maiden Voyage!

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

One thing I noticed, the 2 trucks I like are 156" (6.75' bed). Is that a problem towing a FW or do I need to look for an 8' bed? I know they make slider hitches and a lot of the newer FW's have short bed friendly noses.

I have towed ALL of my fifth wheels with my prior 156:" WB trucks with zero issues.. Of course I had an automatic slider to assist..

this most recent truck of mine is a long bad... I will NOT go back to a short bed ! ! the difference in ride quality is night and day.. Not to mention the ability to load more cargo in the bed and not in the RV.. and standard 48 gallons of diesel.... and not using a slider and being able to hook or un hook at any angle..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

The '16 looks to have been modded if you look at the engine bay and the "Y" pipe on top (at least that's my take. Plus IMO, it looks as well that the interior has been used a fair amount judging by the creases in LR seat area.. The '15, IMO looks to be in great shape overall and int looks to be cleaner. One thing I noticed on both tho is the single tip exhaust instead of Ford's dual tip. Hmmmmm........

The silver '16 is deleted and a small lift.
The blue '15 is also deleted, small lift or level and cheap @zz janky tires. Also it was not kept clean, interior used to be dirty as ___, it was heavily detailed.

The rest of them look to have at least a leveling kit, although if you got the one with the brodozer wheels, you could sell em for about $2500...still lifted though.

So far, the best truck you've found is the one you won't consider. Unless that black one has a bad vehicle history, it's nicer than every one of the new ones you posted except the brodozer.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And it's a scuzzy used car lot. If you want one way to be certain you will never have a clue what the real history is on the vehicle, buy it form a guy named Vinny with some neck chains at Tidewater Imports!
Those are all auction vehicles for one reason or another.
However, that black long box King Ranch looks pretty clean and legit, if you can get over the F250 thing. $80 gets you a set of OE F350 fender badges though!

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you’re looking to tow a fiver you do not want a truck that’s lifted 4”. The stock height of newer trucks is already too high for a lot of trailer.

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you put a link of a truck on here you might be inviting competition. I found that out the hard way but it wasn't a truck that I was trying to buy.

whjco

Lexington, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/20 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

Even with the costs of exporting and converting the odometer and speedometer to miles from kilometers, it is profitable.

Not sure about the Ford, but my 2015 Ram will switch between miles/kilometers with a simple setting in the setup menu. There's nothing to convert. I'm thinking that Ford will probably have this same ability?

Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Thoughts on this Truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.