cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lacrosse quality?

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer
So after much thinking, we are going to try and buy a new TT. Our fam is just too big to comfortably travel in what we have now. We went out shopping and my wife fell IN LOVE with a new Lacrosse 3360BI. It hits all the check marks including size and weight for our Excursion tow rig.
Iโ€™ve never heard of Prime Time RV and Lacrosse, although I havenโ€™t perused new campers in quite a while. Overall it appears to be very well built. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns with the Lacrosse TT and that floor plan?
We kinda have to move quick on this purchase as that particular floor plan is limited to deal stock and they only have 2 left....
2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L PSD
2021 KZ Connect SE 312BHKSE

Me (DH), DW, 3 boys, 3 girls
13 REPLIES 13

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
HaulinBass02 wrote:
CFerguson wrote:
I dont know your specs, but a quick internet search says the top towing Excursion is 11k#. If your trailer of choice is 11k# before adding all your gear, I'd recommend upgrading your tow vehicle. I'm not saying people dont tow over their limts every day, just that......its inadvisable.

11k is the GVWR not empty weight. So yes, I would be maxing out the tow rating of my Excursion. Which brings me to a sticking point. Iโ€™m trying to fathom WHAT vehicle RV manus feel that people will be able to tow these larger FAMILY TT with? The last Excursion, which would be the best option, was built in โ€˜05. No other family style SUV can handle a trailer that big.
I for one would rather not take 2 cars on vacation, which is why we have the Excursion, for being able to tow a larger TT with all the family in one vehicle...... And the circle goes around again.....
Now, not saying any of it is right or wrong, but the Excursion forums are FULL of guys with beefed up Exโ€™s towing upwards of 12k. All day every day. And by beefed up we are talking about the springs off an F-350 that Ford should have put on there from the get go.

"Sorry, I cannot offer advice about the TT you're considering" would be a nice reply from the folks carrying on about your awesome tow rig...

But the nosy old woMEN on this site will belittle your choice of anything and everything given the slightest opportunity. Even though the most vocal opponents likely don't know the difference between a B job and a baloney sandwich.

Good luck with your purchase and ignore the haters!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Even a 15 year old Excursion will be challenged by an 11000 pound TT and 38 feet of box IMO.

But, but the OP didn't ask for opinions about his tow rig.
Any other lifestyle choices we should consider before responding to his actual query?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
I dont know your specs, but a quick internet search says the top towing Excursion is 11k#. If your trailer of choice is 11k# before adding all your gear, I'd recommend upgrading your tow vehicle. I'm not saying people dont tow over their limts every day, just that......its inadvisable.

11k is the GVWR not empty weight. So yes, I would be maxing out the tow rating of my Excursion. Which brings me to a sticking point. Iโ€™m trying to fathom WHAT vehicle RV manus feel that people will be able to tow these larger FAMILY TT with? The last Excursion, which would be the best option, was built in โ€˜05. No other family style SUV can handle a trailer that big.
I for one would rather not take 2 cars on vacation, which is why we have the Excursion, for being able to tow a larger TT with all the family in one vehicle...... And the circle goes around again.....
Now, not saying any of it is right or wrong, but the Excursion forums are FULL of guys with beefed up Exโ€™s towing upwards of 12k. All day every day. And by beefed up we are talking about the springs off an F-350 that Ford should have put on there from the get go.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
One ton diesel. Stop fooling around.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Go for it! PrimeTime was started as a Premium Forest River brand. Build quality is same as everything else in the industry. Find a good PDI checklist and enjoy.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lacrosse quality is pretty good. As good as most, not necessarily better than any others. I had a 2016 Lacrosse 324RST. I did have a few issues with it, but mostly with standard components. A/C was replaced under warranty. Control board on the Dometic fridge went out.. also warranty. I did experience the dreaded cap fade, and that was out of the regular warranty period. Primetime paid to have my cap painted. The wall for the bathroom was warped and also rebuilt under warranty. Friend of mine is on his third PrimeTime RV and he's been very happy with all three.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice looking trailer and floorplan.

I'd be concerned however pulling a 37+ foot trailer that will likely weigh in at 10K with anything other than 3/4 ton truck.

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:
HaulinBass02 wrote:
So after much thinking, we are going to try and buy a new TT. Our fam is just too big to comfortably travel in what we have now. We went out shopping and my wife fell IN LOVE with a new Lacrosse 3360BI. It hits all the check marks including size and weight for our Excursion tow rig.
Iโ€™ve never heard of Prime Time RV and Lacrosse, although I havenโ€™t perused new campers in quite a while. Overall it appears to be very well built. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns with the Lacrosse TT and that floor plan?
We kinda have to move quick on this purchase as that particular floor plan is limited to deal stock and they only have 2 left....

We haven't looked at trailers since we bought in 2012 - but we very much liked Prime Time rigs at the time. That said, I'm going to be 'that guy' and encourage you to really consider the match. A 37'7" trailer, with a 'dry' weight of 8,200 pounds, is a lot for an excursion.

Considering my 6.0 diesel Excursion is rated for 11k and is the SUV version of a Superduty, Iโ€™m not concerned. Especially since I have upgraded the suspension to match that of an F-350. Running gear is the same as all Superduty trucks of that era. Frame is pretty much the same as well. But that is not the question here as I am an experienced RVer, this will be our 4th camper in 16 years, but again I digress.

The build quality, from my limited time looking over the camper at the dealer, appeared to be better than the last mid-level camper we bought. I shall saunter over and find a Lacrosse forum and see whatโ€™s going on over there.

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Have owned a Lacrosse since 2013 and I have been very happy with it. Only problem we've had is with the 4 door refer that came with it...but that's not the trailers fault since those refers don't do good in slide outs with high temps. We also lived in it for a year and it never gave us any problems.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Your best bet is to get on the Prime Time Forum and see what kind of problems OWNERS are experiencing, not what others have HEARD.

More than anything, you need to find out what kind of warranty and more importantly, service from the dealership that you purchase from.

The RV industry is being inundated with new RVers who want all the bells and whistles, but have no idea what really counts - the workmanship. You will get all sorts of workmanship extremes (both ways) on any RV brand. Once you find what you want, go over it with a fine tooth comb, or have someone who knows to do it for/with you. That is how you can guarantee to some extent, not purchasing a lemon.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
HaulinBass02 wrote:

We haven't looked at trailers since we bought in 2012 - but we very much liked Prime Time rigs at the time. That said, I'm going to be 'that guy' and encourage you to really consider the match. A 37'7" trailer, with a 'dry' weight of 8,200 pounds, is a lot for an excursion.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Even a 15 year old Excursion will be challenged by an 11000 pound TT and 38 feet of box IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad