cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Refrigerator Claims

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I got a question for RVer's that were part of the Norcold settlement. I got my final check yesterday and I the way I had understood was that we would get four checks, one per year as part of the settlement. I fell under the 25 share settlement and had gotten $307.52 the last three years, but the final installment was only $193.83. I always understood they had divided your settlement into equal installments. I tried to find out by calling the number on the letter, but they have answering machines which do not explain what the amount should have been. Has anybody else gotten the same letter and check like I got and are the amounts correct.

Thanks Ray
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision
6 REPLIES 6

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that is it JimR1. I never have stayed at either one, but some friends of mine stayed at a KOA right across from one of the Marine bases. But actually that is not part of Barstow. That is the little town of Yermo, CA.

I honestly believe that the only place in Barstow is the one across from the drive in theater. I do not believe it has many RV sites. It is kind of hidden if I recall. Now Off I-40 east of Newberry Springs, there is a site there which I believe it just opened a few years ago. It is on the right side going east. Most of the RVers stop at the new Super Walmart. It has a big parking area where lots of motor homes stop over night, and also some big trucks stop I guess to get some shut eye. It does get hot here in the summer. Right now it is around 100 degrees. We usually leave on our coach in the summer and go up into Oregon and Washington staying on 101 at the TT Resorts right next to the Pacific ocean, but this year with the Coronavirus we decided to stay in our stick house and hopefully things might get better by the fall so we can start traveling again.
2017 Buick Envision

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Hey Ray

Just received my last check $113.69.

On your refrig it has lasted awhile, mine quit a couple years ago and I replaced it with a Samsung. So far so good but I am not boondocking like I did in the early days.

Stay or try to stay cool in Barstow.

Question what RV parks are in Barstow besides the one by the drive in, the KOA and Desert Spring at Yermo??

JimR

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
It has been three years now since we started receiving part of the settlement, but I thought all three checks that I had gotten were 307.52, but I also thought that it said there would be four installments of 307.52. But thanks for the information Jim. I guess it is better then nothing. I am one of the lucky ones, my 1200 LRIM is still going strong since I bought the coach new in 2003. The temperature on the refrigerator I keep it at around 34 degrees and the freezer I never have set a thermometer in the two freezer compartments, but it freezes everything solid including ice cream.
2017 Buick Envision

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Total amount to be paid is $916.00 or 25 shares at 37.11. Yes I know the math is wrong but that what it says.

Checks received:

First check $228.90
2nd $307.52
3rd $307.52

Total so far $843.90 less about $916.00 leaves maybe $80.00 to $100.00 dollars left on incoming check.

This is for me not sure about any one else.

jimR

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if the last check was minus the legal fees. That's really what most of these large settlements are about.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
The way I understood it was the last payment would be less.

I would need to look at my correspondence from them to be very sure.

JimR