Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GM HD Trucks Many with AWD instead of 4WD
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM HD Trucks Many with AWD instead of 4WD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Well, since the original truck I wanted to buy has been "in transit" since January and nowhere to be found, yesterday I pulled the trigger and agreed to a deal on a different 2020 Silverado 2500HD 4WD with the Duramax and Allison 10 speed transmission......kind of! The truck is at a different dealer than who I'm going through so they have to complete a dealer trade. I'll know tomorrow if they can get that part of the deal done. Then I have advised the dealer that before they finalize the trade with the other dealer, I want pictures of the stickers to make sure the payload is good, the RAWR is good, etc. I already know it has the 11,300 GVWR so I'm 90% sure the rest of the numbers will work but I'm leaving nothing to chance. If they can get that stuff done, I'll have a new truck in a few days. If not, I'm back at square one. I hate this whole process. I must have talked with a dozen dealers. Offers were all over the place on both a purchase price of a new truck and the trade in allowance I would get for my 2017 Ram. I had prices from $600 below invoice which is what I agreed to buy the truck for, to only $500 off the MSRP. The trade in allowance varied by over $6000! I'm sure I left money on the table, most people do, but I still got a good deal.

I do not believe a 2500 will have a 11,300 GVWR. More like 10,650. RGAWR will be 6,600.

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silvera........ighlights§ion=Dimensions&styleOne=405288

Ford Edge ST Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 335HP and 380 Lb Ft - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome. Retired and enjoying it!

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

Well, since the original truck I wanted to buy has been "in transit" since January and nowhere to be found, yesterday I pulled the trigger and agreed to a deal on a different 2020 Silverado 2500HD 4WD with the Duramax and Allison 10 speed transmission......kind of! The truck is at a different dealer than who I'm going through so they have to complete a dealer trade. I'll know tomorrow if they can get that part of the deal done. Then I have advised the dealer that before they finalize the trade with the other dealer, I want pictures of the stickers to make sure the payload is good, the RAWR is good, etc. I already know it has the 11,300 GVWR so I'm 90% sure the rest of the numbers will work but I'm leaving nothing to chance. If they can get that stuff done, I'll have a new truck in a few days. If not, I'm back at square one. I hate this whole process. I must have talked with a dozen dealers. Offers were all over the place on both a purchase price of a new truck and the trade in allowance I would get for my 2017 Ram. I had prices from $600 below invoice which is what I agreed to buy the truck for, to only $500 off the MSRP. The trade in allowance varied by over $6000! I'm sure I left money on the table, most people do, but I still got a good deal.

I do not believe a 2500 will have a 11,300 GVWR. More like 10,650. RGAWR will be 6,600.

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silvera........ighlights§ion=Dimensions&styleOne=405288

The new 2020 models can be ordered with the 11,300 GVWR and the one I'm interested in has it. It's part of their beefed up towing capabilities in the new trucks.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes Chris, evidently some GM 2500 models do have a GVWR of 11,350, and RAWR 6,600. I read it right on the window sticker of exact truck that Rob was initially going to purchase. They have an upgraded suspension, and seemly ignore earlier class 2 limit of 10K

Jerry

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back to Square one. Deal cancelled. The dealership that has the truck can't come to agreement on a dealer trade with the dealership I'm working with. Ughhh!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Back to Square one. Deal cancelled. The dealership that has the truck can't come to agreement on a dealer trade with the dealership I'm working with. Ughhh!

Well that stinks! Do you recall what's on the lot by me?

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Well that stinks! Do you recall what's on the lot by me?

No but the Truck Sales Manager I've been working with has been on his computer checking with all dealerships within 250 miles of Buffalo so I'm sure he knows what they have. I asked him about several different trucks over the past couple of weeks. Sometimes he would say "that one is sold" even though it's listed for sale on that dealerships website. He has much better info than I can get. Funny though. He has inside dealer info but he has no clue where the truck is that's "in Transit" or maybe he does and there's some reason other than what he's telling me why he can't or won't sell it to me.

ExxWhy

not here

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

11,350 is the standard GVWR for a 2500 with the diesel. 10K is an option for those who need it. Just looked at mine again to confirm, 6600 RAWR, payload 3077 and this truck has everything but a sunroof.

Supply is tight, but there are some trucks out there. Are you willing to do a road trip to buy one?

gattorgetter

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still working on that info for ya... had to take some time off work today to deal with ins company about my 2020 and boat.... what a mess!

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ExxWhy wrote:

11,350 is the standard GVWR for a 2500 with the diesel. 10K is an option for those who need it. Just looked at mine again to confirm, 6600 RAWR, payload 3077 and this truck has everything but a sunroof.

Supply is tight, but there are some trucks out there. Are you willing to do a road trip to buy one?

For a fair deal, I would definitely travel a reasonable distance (200-300 miles). I tried to make a deal with one dealership in Conneaut Ohio which is about 100 miles from me. They weren't even interested in talking when I told them what others had offered up to that point. They said, "We can't get close to those numbers" and the numbers weren't even the best I've received since!

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gattorgetter wrote:

Still working on that info for ya... had to take some time off work today to deal with ins company about my 2020 and boat.... what a mess!
No worries. I appreciate you checking things for me.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM HD Trucks Many with AWD instead of 4WD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.