Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How many miles a day can we go?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> How many miles a day can we go?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/21 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In closing in on 70 years old, going beyond 800 miles in a day is getting more difficult! However, more than the mileage......I think it’s the hours at the wheel and the stress imposed with traffic density.

High mileage days in rural America is much more easily accomplished than driving among the “unwashed masses”! [emoticon]

While “not” in our class c, we recently covered a little over 5K miles in 8 travel days (not by choice but necessity) “dragging around” a 20K pound, 40 ft., 5th wheel! It took a few days to fully recover from that little trip! [emoticon] memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first time that I traveled with my older brother on a fishing trip he mentioned getting lunch. His idea was to sit down at Denny's and mine was eat and drive. well, we went to Denny's and I realized what a nice break it was to get from behind the wheel and relax a little.
Traveling with children and new to driving a vehicle ,you need to consider all that.Also they need to be buckled in, not roaming around. As you may experience sometimes when going through turns drawers open, stuff flies around. Anything left on the table as you drive will be on the floor.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 27 foot class C rides like a truck with stiff rear springs. Many worn interstates have miles of cupped concrete sections or other roughness that can wear you down and rattle your nerves. Driving on hot summer days or in windy and/or rainy weather, plus road repairs can also wear you down. You can do 500 miles the first day, somewhat less each day until you decide that some relaxation and enjoyment is essential. RV'ing is supposed to be fun, not exhausting bordering on dangerous. Don't let following traffic push you into taking curves too fast, etc.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> How many miles a day can we go?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.