Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: People sure are getting petty with their park reviews
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> People sure are getting petty with their park reviews

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
dedmiston

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/20 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I deleted all the political posts. Please stay on topic.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As the Great Yogi Berra said, “Internet reviews are 80% bull and the other half’s made up.”

* This post was edited 07/08/20 06:43pm by an administrator/moderator *

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

One was upset because they left their handgun in a cabin when they checked out and the park owner wasn't thrilled to have an unattended, loaded, firearm laying around.

Simple. It is unlawful in most places to be in possession of an unregistered firearm unless you hold a Concealed Pistol License. If you don't have said license or similar in your jurisdiction then you call the police and give it to them. He'll find it a lot harder to get ir from the cops when he was a fool than from you... and if the Sheriff in your jurisdiction is anti gun he may never see it again.

As a CPL holder I'm all for the latter...

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/20 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

I thumbed through the recent reviews at campgroundreviews.com and noticed that several of the 1 star reviews were pretty dang petty. One was upset because they left their handgun in a cabin when they checked out and the park owner wasn't thrilled to have an unattended, loaded, firearm laying around. The poster went on to rant about they had a concealed carry permit and how the park's website didn't put they prohibited firearms in bold print, instead it was but one of a number of rules on their rule page. I don't know what having a carry permit has to do with leaving a weapon laying around since by definition it isn't being carried, but what do I know.
In another review, the reviewer was upset because they were asked to move their car off the grass. The reviewer went so far as to claim they measured how much they were on the grass and that amount was one inch. They neglected to post how much on the grass they felt was OK. Both of those parks otherwise had consistent excellent reviews. Is it just me or does it feel like people are becoming more self centered on a daily basis.

Yeah some come into a campground with a chip on their shoulders, some just don't have the experience, some come to realize that camping/Rving is not for everyone and take it out on the campground or maybe a combination of everything. I've noticed more times than not the fringe type reviews have few reviews online with little info on the profiles, When researching campgrounds I just ignore those reviews.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favorite review. Company had 9 "customer" reviews. Stupidly, they used their real names in the reviews. 8 of the reviews worked for the company, who published the list of their 15(?) employees

Nv Guy

Reno NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/20 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I find most interesting is how one review complains how there were no level sites, but the other 25 make no mention of that, same thing with dust, low trees and other items. As previously mentioned, I think there is a segment of society who is miserable and they do their best to spread misery. Overall, I blame social media, as people have gotten used to saying anything with impunity.

pbeverly

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/20 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Complaints about sand at coastal parks. Complaints about bugs. Complaints about wild life.

Sounds like a lot of people would be better off in a hotel.

Ridgeway, SC

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THERE ARE SOOO MANY MOSQUITOS HERE.......

local provincial park that is situated in a marsh........

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those review sites are a total waste of my time. We go to North Beach Resort a lot - which is on the beach, and people complain about the sand getting in their camper, or the sand in general. Why spend minutes/hours of your life that you won't get back reading that?

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ZINGERLITE

Union Lake, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DarkSkySeeker wrote:

I agree with these posts. The thing I have to admit is that I usually read the one star reviews first. It's like I want to hear the BS, even though I know better.

Same here. Its human nature! Thats why tabloid news is so popular.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> People sure are getting petty with their park reviews
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.