Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: People sure are getting petty with their park reviews
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> People sure are getting petty with their park reviews

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People are getting Petty about everything!

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no way I can tell you how many reviews I have written over the last several decades, I written for both Rvpark Reviews and RVParky (yes, they have a place for reviews). Most of those are 3+ marks. I use full plus rarely and when I do, I am sure to tell why. The same goes for low marks. What I had a problem with may not matter to someone else. You just never know.

What I can tell you is that I will not go negative for a single issue without talking to the management about it. When I do that, I often get a thank you for bringing the issue to their attention.

When I see a review that has a mostly good, but one low flyer, I be sure to read it and it is usually a situation like mentioned where the writer got bent out of shape for something that he could have avoided. Park owners are not in business to annoy clients.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A bad review in a sea of otherwise decent reviews for a CG deserves a check on the reviewer to see if they are one of those who simply cannot be pleased.

Everyone has their own method of reviewing. Mine starts with full marks & points are deducted depending on grumble & severity of it e.g. poor value for money is one star deducted. I don't give an overall poor rating because of one issue.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I mainly use negative reviews whether they be for a park or a product to see if people are complaining about the same things. If there are a number of negative reviews that all complain about the same thing, I give more weight to them. If the reviews are just the "This park sucks" type, I generally dismiss those unless that is the prevailing review.

JAC1982

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The most amusing one I saw lately was for where we stayed in the Black Hills, near Custer. They gave a low review for the RV Park because it was "too far" from Mt. Rushmore. It's about 20-25 minutes away... and apparently they didn't know how to use a map when booking their stay to see how far it was? Same review also complained about the "mountain" driving in the area. I hope they don't come to Colorado....

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

I thumbed through the recent reviews at campgroundreviews.com and noticed that several of the 1 star reviews were pretty dang petty. One was upset because they left their handgun in a cabin when they checked out and the park owner wasn't thrilled to have an unattended, loaded, firearm laying around. The poster went on to rant about they had a concealed carry permit and how the park's website didn't put they prohibited firearms in bold print, instead it was but one of a number of rules on their rule page. I don't know what having a carry permit has to do with leaving a weapon laying around since by definition it isn't being carried, but what do I know.
In another review, the reviewer was upset because they were asked to move their car off the grass. The reviewer went so far as to claim they measured how much they were on the grass and that amount was one inch. They neglected to post how much on the grass they felt was OK. Both of those parks otherwise had consistent excellent reviews. Is it just me or does it feel like people are becoming more self centered on a daily basis.

A "rant review" of - campground reviews -AND- the reviewer/s...[emoticon]..[emoticon]

All are a waste of time - been camping in RVs since 1975. Before that in tents.

Sure - found campgrounds I liked and didn't like. Some that were better than others - even outstanding!

Good, bad, or ugly.....the two folks that looked at "reviews" - probably went somewhere else anyway. And/or (G-B-U rated) new ownership might rate a "vice-versa".

*If* it's an area you regularly frequent.....YOU will know what's good and what's not. Return....or don't.

Sooooo there ya go. That's my review, ROTFL.

[emoticon]

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did give one campground a poor review. It was definitely in the off season, they had 95% of their sites winterized. The site I was on was so out of level, I couldn't the trailer leveled using all my blocks. It was the furthest from the bathrooms an showers that you could possibly be. I have no idea the logic of why they thought that was a good idea.

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/20 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kind of like the guy complaining about the reviews.everyone is entitled to their opinion even if i disagree with it

JAC1982

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/20 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donkeydew wrote:

kind of like the guy complaining about the reviews.everyone is entitled to their opinion even if i disagree with it

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to give an RV Park a poor review because of things outside of the RV Park owner or workers' control... like distance to attractions, weather, etc.

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A better question is why are these types of people so afraid they need to carry a gun to protect them from a bogeyman?

wapiticountry wrote:

I thumbed through the recent reviews at campgroundreviews.com and noticed that several of the 1 star reviews were pretty dang petty. One was upset because they left their handgun in a cabin when they checked out and the park owner wasn't thrilled to have an unattended, loaded, firearm laying around. The poster went on to rant about they had a concealed carry permit and how the park's website didn't put they prohibited firearms in bold print, instead it was but one of a number of rules on their rule page. I don't know what having a carry permit has to do with leaving a weapon laying around since by definition it isn't being carried, but what do I know.
In another review, the reviewer was upset because they were asked to move their car off the grass. The reviewer went so far as to claim they measured how much they were on the grass and that amount was one inch. They neglected to post how much on the grass they felt was OK. Both of those parks otherwise had consistent excellent reviews. Is it just me or does it feel like people are becoming more self centered on a daily basis.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> People sure are getting petty with their park reviews
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.