Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: People sure are getting petty with their park reviews
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> People sure are getting petty with their park reviews

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

I mainly use negative reviews whether they be for a park or a product to see if people are complaining about the same things. If there are a number of negative reviews that all complain about the same thing, I give more weight to them. If the reviews are just the "This park sucks" type, I generally dismiss those unless that is the prevailing review.

Yes

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always get a kick out of reviews about parks that complain about the bugs. Sure, the bugs might have been bad the day that they were there. Then a few days later they might have been no bugs at all. Their bugs, this is just how they are.

If you happen to be there after a recent rain the bugs will be worse. If you are there during a dry spell the bugs will not be as bad.

You can't review the bugs after a single trip.

Now, do any of you want to make some money ? I have a idea for a money making idea ....Bug Reports !!! First learn about the life cycle of bugs (specifically mosquitoes for example ). Then using modern computer technology,, and the local rain reports,, you should be able to build "Bug Computer Models" that will predict the amount of bugs in a certain area over a certain length of time. Then, giving time ,you could add in bug reports from people you get to volunteer (or pay a few bucks) that catch bugs in their back yards. With each passing year the computer would learn from past reports and get better and better at predicting.

Sure wish I was smart and knew things about computers. If any of you want to work with me I seriously believe that we can do it.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

My favorite review. Company had 9 "customer" reviews. Stupidly, they used their real names in the reviews. 8 of the reviews worked for the company, who published the list of their 15(?) employees
I assume the "ninth" person did not give a good enough review and was fired [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

caver

Missouri, The Cave State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I leave very few reviews of anything anymore. If I do it's one of those store surveys and I just say they are the nicest person and any other nice stuff I make up. I try to add some funny into it. As far as camping reviews I've seen people leave GLOWING reviews about a nice boondocking site. Well it's not nice anymore.

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're going to see more and more of these types of reviews as the flood of new and inexperienced RV owners hit the parks. Things aren't going to be as rosy as the RV salesman told them it was going to be and the bad reviews will roll in. We just read between the lines and try to find the appropriate information that actually makes sense and ignore the rest. Reviews can still be used to determine the right choice, it just takes a little more work. Chuck

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chuckbear wrote:

You're going to see more and more of these types of reviews as the flood of new and inexperienced RV owners hit the parks. Things aren't going to be as rosy as the RV salesman told them it was going to be and the bad reviews will roll in. We just read between the lines and try to find the appropriate information that actually makes sense and ignore the rest. Reviews can still be used to determine the right choice, it just takes a little more work. Chuck

I have read reports of record sales of RVs in the last few months.
Have also seen reports 32% of households missed July housing rent or mortgage.
I think we need to face the fact many of the RV sold will not be used for recreation. CGs will be the new Hovervilles

JAC1982

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

chuckbear wrote:

I think we need to face the fact many of the RV sold will not be used for recreation. CGs will be the new Hovervilles

I'm thinking the people buying brand new RVs are not the same people that are missing their mortgage payments. I'm in some local camping Facebook groups and the people who are newbies there are ones who normally vacation differently... going to Disney, going on cruises, etc. They all still have their jobs and some even have extra money because of the way those stimulus checks were sent out... even people who didn't need it, got one.

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JAC1982 wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

chuckbear wrote:

I'm thinking the people buying brand new RVs are not the same people that are missing their mortgage payments. I'm in some local camping Facebook groups and the people who are newbies there are ones who normally vacation differently... going to Disney, going on cruises, etc. They all still have their jobs and some even have extra money because of the way those stimulus checks were sent out... even people who didn't need it, got one.

I mostly agree with you.

But, in some ways I am one of those people that got a stimulus check that really didn't need it. The check I got was for 1200 bucks. Not going to purchase a very good RV with that. I don't think the stimulus checks are part of the thing.

The people vacation differently is part of it though.

I wonder in a few years if the market might be full of slightly used RV's ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> People sure are getting petty with their park reviews
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.