cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awning cover

Ragen1
Explorer
Explorer
It’s probably been done before but I used the valance off my old awning to protect my new awning. I punched some rings in it and attached it with zip ties but will replace them with some type of clip. I might also leave it on depending how it does while traveling.

04 Ragen 26-29n, 05 KTM525
6 REPLIES 6

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
If you intend on using the zip ties, consider replacing them with UV resistant ones. The ones pictured will self destruct in short order.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Ragen1
Explorer
Explorer
Ragen1 wrote:
It’s probably been done before but I used the valance off my old awning to protect my new awning. I punched some rings in it and attached it with zip ties but will replace them with some type of clip. I might also leave it on depending how it does while traveling.

Ragen1
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
Did you screw eye hooks into the edge of your roof and not use any sealant to prevent water getting under your roof membrane?

I screwed the eye hook in the same strip of edge molding where all the others screws attach. I guess I could add silicone but the screw goes through the putty and I’m sure the trailer manufacturer did not put silicone on every screw.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Did you screw eye hooks into the edge of your roof and not use any sealant to prevent water getting under your roof membrane?
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice idea
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Looks pretty good!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad