cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How abt a 1999 Winnebago Minnie??

rhudson1111
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone! I'm looking to purchase a pre-owned RV. I came across this..

1999 Winnebago minnie
3500 model chevy
Engine 7.4L

Does anyone have general experience with this year & brand? Or know if the Winnebago/chevy model has a solid reputation? I certainly will have a pre-purchase inspection done, just wondering about general opinions/experiences.

Many thanks for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have gotten some good advice here so far and I can only add this.

My last RV was a Winnebago,the quality of workmanship was topnotch, solid and well made,if I could have found a Winnebago for sale in the configuration and floor plan I wanted when I went looking for my present RV I would have bought it,they were out there but none for sale.

The 7.2L motor is a solid motor and if maintained well it will last a long time. It is a beast and a bit fuel hungry. I had one in my Class A Winnebago Check for exhaust leaks on the test drive that motor has been known for that problem as mine was.

The other good thing is that it is built on a Chevy Chassis this will give you more room and a better ride.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Generally speaking, Winnebago was well built.
However, when looking at any RV, condition is the important factor. It all depends on how the unit was maintained.

This applies to all the RV's you inquired about it the past few days.
If you find something you like, go look at it. If you are interested, hire someone to do an inspection.
Learn to read the tire manufacture date code and identify leaks or former leaks. Take your time, you will find something that fits your criteria and budget.
Use your search as a learning experience.
There is a lot to learn but, it's all fun stuff.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Old Class Cs are notorious for leaks in the front overhang that rot the structure. Not impossible to DIY fix it but a HUGE project. I prefer to just be able to go camping. If I wanted to work, I'd just go to work..get paid for that!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you handy with construction and mechanical/12v electrical things like rv appliances ?

Do you have a place out of the weather to make repairs ? Sometimes rv repairs take a lot of time. Days, weeks, months.

An rv around 20 years old is probably going to need attention and these are things you have to think about. If not right away tomorrow or the next day.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pretty old rv, must have a private rv tech, mobil rv tech mechanic check it out cost about 2hundred but well worth it you,ll get a full written report. takes couple hours.look one up in your area rv mobil mechanic. curous is this a private owner? or a dealer? if you see any water stains RUN don,t walk. no matter what the people say.